Spring Thaw

Austin

Well Im trying to plan a canoe trip up around Wawa area this spring. Im not from the area at all so I have no idea anything about the seasons up there.

When does the ice first start to melt? When will it be gone for sure?

Im anxious to get up there, hopefully before June.

Thanks

-Austin (Kentucky)

Dan is definitely not joking. Ice out on Lake Temagami is historically first week of May. Sometimes as late as third week of May...last year was earliest in recorded history... third week of April. Wawa is probably somewhere in there.

www.ottertooth.com will help you a tad more for canoing than here. Find the forum from the web page...register and ask there.

I'm totally serious. Wawa is just down the road from me. There's been several May long weekends in the past 15 years or so when it has been touch and go for the ice being off the lakes up here. Here's a photo from 4 or 5 years ago on the May long.

Iceboat.jpg

:Gonefishing: Well drop us a thread in the spring.right now we are all praying :angel: and hoping for ice .No one has ice out on their minds :blink: .We all are thinking about :santa: Spring Ice thaw.Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dunno: Ice Ice Ice.bring on the Ice :worthy::worthy::worthy::w00t:

Hmmm... are you trying to tell us something? :lol: