What I did this summer.. in Temagami... June in this post

irishfield

Thought I’d break the summer down into Months and post what we’ve been up to up North. We had a great summer, with Leah only taking ill a couple times during the rainy/cold times in July and earlier in September.

I succeeded in doing some firsts, both on the fishing front and renovation fronts. Taught my two young nephews (Leah’s sisters kids) how to cast successfully and safely. One even caught a “BIG” rock bass from around the dock. Fished with my 81 year old mother and my 50+ year old sister for the FIRST time in my life. Targeted Lake Trout all season and got pretty good at figuring out where they go when it’s calm and when the wind blows. Had numerous guests up this season and not one went home without putting a Laker in the boat…or four for that matter. I learned how to split rock to any thickness I desired and hell I even managed to make it stay on a wall. May not be to Bricknblock standards…but I’m happy with my creation. Thanks to a good friend/customer (another reason why you should treat customers like they’re a king), who picked me up at the end of my dock and flew me into the back country one day, I finally got a comfortable enough feeling to explore the back country solo and over the last couple weeks did some exploring and fishing on the back lakes of Temagami.

Here’s some of the month of Junes activity…

Boat outfitted and ready to troll..

june1.jpg

My always happy fishing partner

june2.jpg

Rigging the “basin” right in front of our place heading towards Hwy#11. Balls at 25 feet pulling spoons.

june3.jpg

Leah with a nice eater

june4.jpg

Nice morning shot looking West

june5.jpg

Out on the North East Arm rigging at 70 feet or so. This shot shows how easy it is to get suckered into the peace and tranquility. This is where we battled 6 footers to get the canoeing kids in early September

june6.jpg

Was pulling out the Deville oil stove to install a Nepoleon wood stove…so the 5” liner had to go and a new 6” had to go down. Gotta do some work between fishing trips!

june7.jpg

june8.jpg

aint that a beaut…can’t believe someone would spend $2K and buy green lol !

june9.jpg

The inside mess I started with

junea.jpg

And then she let me take her fishing again…

juneb.jpg

Had a great time spending a day with Lew on Nippissing

juned.jpg

and all the other OFC members and guests at Lakair. Here are many on Tombstone for the Friday fish fry at Noon.

junee.jpg

One of Leah’s pike from the Lakair trip

junef.jpg

Edited by irishfield