Hamilton Harbour Tourney Report

Rich

Well I gotta say it.. what a stupid place to hold a tournament. All of the fishable areas were packed with boats and of course the bass would not co-operate with that kind of pressure on them. Some guys got a few, good for them overcoming the odds! I think Sheriff and his brother got into a decent one. As for me and dad, we got skunked, not even a stinkin' catfish. We fished from Pier 4 to the Harbour Authority all the way to Lasalle.. nadda. Most others we talked to were getting the same. The only thing of interest was seeing some salmon jump near Lasalle.

I hate to base my opinion on a waterbody on one day, but I definitely won't be going back next year.

Trying to unload at the public ramp was insane as well. Every pleasure craft in hamilton was there.

Hey BBR, was a tough day as well. Kinda knew this would happen. I have been killing the bass the last two weeks and shoulda known that they would have lockjaw during the tourney. I think I saw you guys over by Lasalle but did not see you guys at the BBQ.

My buddy managed one first thing in the morning and that was our only bass of the day. We moved around and I nailed a decent channel cat in Lasalle but that was it. My brother and his crew also got on right away but a few pounds shy of the prize.

Winning fish was 4lb 46 oz I believe.....

Lotsa pro's out there and many had nothing so getting one or two fish was not too bad.

Bill Bait and Tackle ran a fine tourney. Thanks guys.....

BBR, don't give up on the bay. Some quality fishing when you get out there at the right time.....

Saw some amazing boats too. The most impressive rig was the Lund Pro V with the 250 and and Hummer pulling it. Sweet.......I need a better job....

Sherriff

I was trying to get some info on the tourney but looks liek i have been suspended from the site :blink: don't know for what jsut hoping it's some kind of mistake. Well anyways I was going to take a walk down thier my self to check out how the derby went but I didn't have the time. Don't be to dispointed, fishign their is always tough with that many people aorund. I usally do good for bass around the public boat ramp near that like dip. Very shallow but you would be surprised the kind of bass you can pull out from their. Congrats to Bill's for hosting the tournament, good job boys.

sorry you didn't do well bbr.

myself, like most i talked to, had a great time at the event.

i pulled up at the launch at 6:20 am, and had to wait for 1 boat to launch.

we managed four largies, including one around 3lbs....but it wasn't big enough.

we did do well while jiggin, getting a 15lbs carp, 10lbs channel cat, and a 8lbs sheepie....gotta love hamilton bay!!!!

but like you said, there aren't any bass in teh bay. :thumbsup_anim:

Well Pointed and I were there in the battle cruiser we did respectable i figure we placed 4th or 5th we had one intresting spot where I had five big bass attacking my power leech just below the surface I tried to leave it in long enough for pointed to get his in there to but one snatched the leech and it was over pretty cool to see though. During the previous couple of weeks we had done very well in Hammer Harbour we won the Hamilton derby and the next week scored some severe super hogs now that the bill tourney is over i will post some picks It was a good turnout and the sponsor did a nice job we will be there next year for sure

BITEME

Well here it goes, I'm new to the board, thought I should comment if you guys are going to talk about me, that was me on the back of that nitro in lasalle, sorry if we came a little close to your lines in the water but there is not much room between that corner you guys were on and the boats, and the marina gets really ticked if we get to close to the boats. We did steer those guys in that old fiberglass clear of your lines though.

You are right, not that big out of there, less than 2lbs, We picked up 3 or 4 bigger ones out in the harbour but nothing over 3lbs.

Well, I look forward to contributing to the board from here on in.

Thanks

Bob

Hey guys, I fished the harbour for bass on Sunday from 8:30am to 11:30am (didn't know about the tourney until I got out there). I launched out of Lasalle.

Wow, it was a very tough few hours of fishing! I have never seen the water levels so low before. Many of the shoreline spots I normally fish were dry! It must be down close to 5-feet.

Anyway, we joined in that 'conga line' of boats briefly to take our turn casting at 'em. Saw you out there Rich, and also saw Daj out there. My friend Mitch lost a good largie there and we decided to move. I got about a 2.5-pound smallie on finesse tactics on another spot, and that was it for us. Saw a few good largies, but they seemed to have lock jaw. We did see a bass boat that got into two largies in one spot we hit... on a wild coloured bait for the bay. Good to meet you guys.

Was going to cast Lasalle just before we left, but there were already bass boats there and decided not to beat a dead horse and give them their space.

The bay can be good at times Rich, but it can also be a tough bite as well.

Congrats to those that got into a few on tough day!

Good fishing!

Aaron

Well here it goes, I'm new to the board, thought I should comment if you guys are going to talk about me, that was me on the back of that nitro in lasalle, sorry if we came a little close to your lines in the water but there is not much room between that corner you guys were on and the boats, and the marina gets really ticked if we get to close to the boats. We did steer those guys in that old fiberglass clear of your lines though.

You are right, not that big out of there, less than 2lbs, We picked up 3 or 4 bigger ones out in the harbour but nothing over 3lbs.

Well, I look forward to contributing to the board from here on in.

Thanks

Bob

Didnt bother us at all---what did tick us off we were dropping minnows not more then five feet from where you got the one on the way out. Thought after it would have come out to see what the commotion was all about :dunno:

Didnt bother us at all---what did tick us off we were dropping minnows not more then five feet from where you got the one on the way out. Thought after it would have come out to see what the commotion was all about :dunno:

The fish were holding to there cover very tight, it was about 8 to 10 feet and he hit it on the drop off that dock, actually both were tight below those docks. We had seen fish throughout the day that we did not throw a bait at because we knew some guys already had 3lbs+ fish and they were too small, no sense stinging a fish for nothing. They were buried in weed patches, and tight to stumps and docks.

Met Aaron on the way in, and again later on in the day (thanks for the space). My boater said you guys looked familiar, your right about the harbour, it is a great fishery. One good thing about the water being so low was seeing some fantastic submerged cover that we did not know was here and there. Next year when the waters up again I am definately going to hit those spots, I hoped we marked them on the gps.

Bob

Guest Johnny Bass

Dont give up so easily BBR! Not wanting to change subjects but I want to give Lasalle a try but for sheephead and channel cats. Are there alot of them and can they be had on lures at this time of year?