Starting a fishing club at school!

ilario

So I've decided to start up a fishing club at the high school I teach at in York Region... Not sure how I should go about this.. Anyone know of similar programs for teens? The school's in Thornhill (407 & Lesie) so it's not to far from a few good watersheds (rogue, Don) and some fishing ponds in Markham..

Hope to hear some suggestions!

thanks!

PP

See OFSAA they are promoting new clubs for school and will pony up $800 to introduce the sport/activity.

"Funding will be provided to a limited number of schools to introduce secondary school students to a new sport or physical activity through a one-day activity, intramural event, or clinic. The focus must be on sports and/or physical activities that have not been available to students in the past. Funds can be used to purchase equipment, instructors, travel, facility rental, transportation and/or other resource materials. "

http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/site/index.cfm

Go for it Poacher I would be interested in what happens.

Hey isn't that St. Roberts?

Anyways, in Markham Toogood pond and Milne Park both have some angling opportunities. Don't bother with Waldon pond, the daily poachers have pretty much gutted the place (reminds me I need to bring a camera next time I go for a walk there, one guy had 5 lines in the water!). Another popular spot for river anglers is near 9th line and Steeles (not recommend for too large of a group of kids).

Not sure if that helps.

Stan

way back in 86 or so I went to Henry st high School in Whitby< the fishing club we had was run by the history teacher (steve vidakavitch sp?) who was a writer for ontario out of doors, had the pleasure as a teen to fish with john kerr as well. as far as I know Steve is still teaching at henry give him a ring

Hey isn't that St. Roberts?

Anyways, in Markham Toogood pond and Milne Park both have some angling opportunities. Don't bother with Waldon pond, the daily poachers have pretty much gutted the place (reminds me I need to bring a camera next time I go for a walk there, one guy had 5 lines in the water!). Another popular spot for river anglers is near 9th line and Steeles (not recommend for too large of a group of kids).

Not sure if that helps.

Stan

Yes, St rob's! Thanks folks... I'll let you know how I make out! I may try to contact some of these suggested people

How wuld I get a hold of Wil Wegman?

thanks

Yes, St rob's! Thanks folks... I'll let you know how I make out! I may try to contact some of these suggested people

How wuld I get a hold of Wil Wegman?

thanks

You can send a pm to him as he is a member of OFC

Or here

[email protected].

Good luck.

Wish they had that back when.Wait didnt need it,thats all I did back when.LOL

If it gets the guns and knives out of thier hands and puts a rod and reel instead,Im all for this kind of program.

Good Luck PP

You can send a pm to him as he is a member of OFC

Or here

[email protected].

Good luck.

Wish they had that back when.Wait didnt need it,thats all I did back when.LOL

If it gets the guns and knives out of thier hands and puts a rod and reel instead,Im all for this kind of program.

Good Luck PP

thanks a lot...I;ll get in touch with him

as for the guns and knives, these kids are pretty harmless!! it's an academic school so the geeks rule (thnaks God!)