Nottawasaga Rainbows

jesses

Hello;

I'm just joined this forum today. I fish the nottawasaga in the fall for rainbows and salmon. I was out the last few weeks, but I only caught pike and bass. I would like to know if anyone is catching anything in the rivers between Collingwood and Wasaga Beach. I have a boat if any fishing enthusiasts want to head out in this area over the next month or two.

Welcome to the board jesse! Only caught pike and bass? Jeez...I'm happy catching any fish larger than oh say...and sunfish...LOL.

I'm not in your area, but I'm sure someone will chime in....your offer to take someone out in your boat is a generous one. Stick around, post your reports...I'm looking forward to the steelie posts!!

Salmon are running the bottom half of the river right now . Bows are far and few between .These real cold nights and rain we have been having will move them up to the Angus area.

Good luck and welcome.

These cold morning sure is getting the blood pumping for the archury and duck season.Oops,did I say that out load.LOL

welcome aboard!

this is an excellent forum - active and very friendly. i'm a newbie steelheader myself. i started last fall. i've fished the notty several times but don't live near there. i do know that the salmon are heading up river, but i don't know the details about the area you're after. it's early for steelhead.

take care and good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been fishing the Notty from wasaga to Angus for about 14 years and this has been the worst year by far.

the river is very low and very clear. The fish have been running for over a month now. The run was small this year and the size of fish was very poor. The winning salmon in both Angus and Wasaga's derby was under 10lbs!!!! I rarely have ever caught a fish under 10 in the notty.

I was there this weekend, no one was catching and there were very few fish in the river.

Please remember if you come up to fish take your garbage, its disgusting what ppl leave