Plant closed ... gonna have to fish

brifishrgy

I have worked at Amcan Burlington for over 10 years ... they announced today we are closed as of now .. seen it coming for a while ... we went from 350 employees down to 60 ... got a trip planned for wend mornin out on Erie with a friend .. gonna have to get into pier fishing in Bronte till I get a new job ( would be a shame to be off while the walleyes are hittin in the Bay :Gonefishing: ) ...gonna rustle up some little cleos and head over early in the morning

Oh ya if anyone in the Oakville area needs a Machinist/Millwright/machine repair tech for their plant let me know

Sorry to hear about the job but on the bright side, this is the best time of year to unencumbered by work!

Give UncleBuck a shout, he's in the Stoney Creek area. If he doesn't have an opening, he can probably have an ear out for you.

Hopfully you don't find work tooo soon!

-Brian

That was the idea .. would rather fish between work then fish because of no work

I figured that. Last year the place where I work had a fire, so we kind of shut down so I went from working 6 days a week to four. Everyone of my customers kept offering me full time work and couldn't wrap their minds around the fact that I wasn't interested due to the fact that it was steel season..... Although I must say being on salary helped as I didn't lose any pay LOL. I am finding it tough to resume working 6 days a week just as the steel season begins this year.

Lots of work here and they're crying for machinists. Local paper here had a letter from a reader with a good Idea. The government train and (move grant) people out of work in the East that want to work. Makes more sense to me than going outside the country. Anyhow good luck and with your trade you'll do well soon enough. Happy fishing