Weekend fishing the BOQ

Shelley Cooper

We arrived at Pete and Charmaine’s Saturday morning around 10 am…. Charmaine informed us that they’d just sent Cliff and Carol off in their little tinny and Pete was out, but would be back soon.

Charmaine gave us the tour…the view from their yard…Breath taking!

Labourdayweekend003.jpg

This is the shed/guest room that Pete’s been working on…not yet finished but it sure will look great when it’s done….I think he said he’ was after the “ol barn” look…

Labourdayweekend001.jpg

The guest room… as cozy as could be and fitted with a big TV at the bottom of the bed.

Labourdayweekend011.jpg

When lying down at night, you had an excellent view of the fire pit… I had trouble getting one eye to fall asleep; it was mesmerized by the wonderful view…lol

Their daughter Sara had popped in with her friend and we got a little visit with her too.. Nice to see you again Sara… and Tess was pretty good around our pesky little dog too..

Labourdayweekend004.jpg

Cliff and Carole came rolling in on the tinny to say hello and have a short visit before we took off to do some fishing too….

Labourdayweekend006.jpg

We visited and chatted for a bit and managed a group shot with the help of the neighbor…. Then we all headed out fishing with the plan to meet back around 6pm…

Labourdayweekend009.jpg

We arrived in Trenton and launched the boat at a public launch… Dang, imagine that.. FREE launching… you don’t get that in to many area up our way…

Us 3 girls waiting for the guys to park the truck and trailer….

Labourdayweekend012.jpg

We’re finally off and I get the cam out to take some shots when I turned and got this shot… The excited couple were truly showing their enjoyment over the boat ride…hehehe

Labourdayweekend014.jpg

But this was the look I got when I suggested we take them back so they could get a room… lol

Labourdayweekend015.jpg

We got to a spot that Pete thought might be good to start trolling… We didn’t have much luck in the fish department on Saturday, but we sure did enjoy the ride and company… and Charmaine and I did manage to pick up some nice colour….

Labourdayweekend016.jpg

Labourdayweekend017.jpg

Labourdayweekend020.jpg

We all arrived back around 6:30pm… Pete and Charmaine put on an awesome feast. The steak was excellent and the potatoes, as Cliff said, ARE the best I’ve ever tasted… We were all starved and I’m sure there wasn’t a bite left.. lol

A couple night shots…

The fire pit…

Labourdayweekend022.jpg

Chuck and Kea enjoy the relaxing time…

Labourdayweekend023.jpg

We all crashed just shortly after Cliff and Carole left for their trip home, in hopes of an early start to Sunday morning fishing…. Well, none of us woke before 7 am and this was the view.. Heavy fog, you couldn’t even see the water….

Labourdayweekend026.jpg

and then there was breakfast. So we had a bit of a late start, but were off to Picton Bay after a quick shot of the fog lifting and a promise to a beautiful day ahead….

Labourdayweekend028.jpg

We all thought it was a great idea to take a detour and stop by Carra OutDoorSports to say hello and see what we could spend some money on… but it was CLOSED… here’s Pete and Chuck, Hoping to get SOMEONE to answer the door… lol

Labourdayweekend030.jpg

Well, no luck there.. So we took shots of us OUTSIDE the store instead… lol

Labourdayweekend031.jpg

Labourdayweekend032.jpg

We left and headed for Picton in hope’s we’d find a bait shop open in the area… and we did.. but on the way, Chuck was a little busy, so Pete took over the Wheel.. lol

Labourdayweekend033.jpg

We finally arrived around 11 am to this beautiful view…

Labourdayweekend034.jpg

Soon out and ready to fish….brickNblock all set up….

Labourdayweekend035.jpg

Labourdayweekend036.jpg

But the first fish caught belonged to me… :clapping:

A white bass the guys called it, but I’ve since heard they’re also known as silver bass.. Not of any size at all, but it’s a fish…

Labourdayweekend038.jpg

10 min. later… Pete gets a bigger one…or maybe its the way he holds it?? :lol:

Labourdayweekend039.jpg

and not long after that… Chuck gets a big weed snag on.. but not all’s lost, he was rewarded with a FREE lure from his awful snag….

Labourdayweekend037.jpg

I then get this… heheheh So, I’m 1 up on the guys…

Labourdayweekend040.jpg

We tried a few other areas with no luck and called it quits around 6pm… but it was a great day out… Charmaine was smelling up the whole truck all the way back, from her skunk, but she didn’t care and enjoyed her knitting time when she needed a break from fishing… and our Kea just loved her for it…

Labourdayweekend041.jpg

Labourdayweekend043.jpg

We got back to their place and a fabulous meal was on the menu again… Rib’s with all the trimmings… No wonder no one can stay up late around their place.. full belly’s equal NAP time.. lol But before crashing, I managed a few beautiful shots….

Chuck and Pete enjoying the bonefire…

Labourdayweekend046.jpg

If you look close at this picture… you’ll see the rainbow that seem to stay over us each night.. it was just amazing…

Labourdayweekend047.jpg

And the night darken’s, but only to a more beautiful site…

Labourdayweekend049.jpg

Well, Sunday night fell fast, it seemed and Monday morning came early.. I was up fishing by 6 am and I got this shot of the Carp that visit Pete’s doc.. but Pete thinks the Carp are all on the other side of the river. I seen them there the morning before, but I didn’t think he believed me and got this shot…. Just after taking the picture… Chuck comes along in time to see a few more Carp swimming through… Look close and you can see them…. LoL Eat your heart out PETE…They ARE there… LOL… I did try to catch one, but had NO luck…. LoL

Labourdayweekend029.jpg

After another nice breakfast, prepared by Charmaine, who wouldn’t let me lift a finger… it was time to head out… We had 2 stops to make on our way home.. and Pete and Charmaine were heading out to work…

We took pic’s of each other in front of the boat at brickNblocks and Charmaine’s place for our memory album’s… :thumbsup_anim:

Labourdayweekend054.jpg

Labourdayweekend053.jpg

We had a fabulous weekend :thumbsup_anim: … We couldn’t ask for more comfort or better companionship.. Pete and Char are one of the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending time with… We didn’t get onto many fish or any of size to write home about… but the time out on the boat and around the campfire made it an awesome visit, even the weather cooperated…not to mention their laid back, pleasant approach to ANYTHING….

You’re the best… Thank you so much for having us… and our pet… If ANYONE has the chance to spend some time with these people… you won’t regret it… they are wonderful, pleasant and so caring…truly enjoyable people to be around… I can’t wait for them to come up our way and show them the same hospitality that they showed US.

Edited by LadyWalleye

Great report Shelley!

Glad the weekend was a succes but then again with Peter and Charmaine at the helm it doesn't surprise me.

I guess Peter stacking all that stone is what keeps him so trim eh :D

Beautiful looking place!

Thanks for sharing!

oh and Pete nice hat!

Edited by Whopper

Hi Shelley & Big Chevy,

I feel terrible that we were closed on Sunday when you arrived. It would have been great to see all of you. We decided to close on Sundays for July and August to give me a bit of a rest and now we will be open everyday from here on. If you are coming back down in the area give me a quick call to make sure that I will be around and maybe we will get out and do some fishing together. Don't feel bad about the fishing on the weekend i was out Sunday and it seems that the fishing just turned off and no one was doing well at all on Sunday. Checking with teh regulars going out and there reports for Sunday was terrible as well.

Thanks for the great report and pics seems like everyone was really enjoying themselves.

Regards,

Sam

Great report and Awesome pics Shelley.Its an honour to have Peter for our Captain team #4.Peter you are a class act to have Cliff Carole ,Big Chev and Shelley over to your place.This board gets warmer by the day with the awesome folks on it.

Shelley I am looking forward to meeting your better half(BigChev) this year in Quinte.you guys are coming right.

MTP :clapping::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks all... It really was a good time...

Sam... Don't feel bad.. we ALL need a holiday....your store looks great, we'll have to get inside next time were down...

MTP... Yes, plan's are already made to be at the BOQ in November...

Cliff.. yes, it did take some time to put that together... kept feeling like it was to long but trying to shorten it any further seemed impossible.... thanks for your encouragement...

1 Hour and 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your title should read Dial-Up Beware. :wallbash:

Awesome shots Shelley, thanks for putting them together the way you have.

Great Company, Beautiful weather and we even got in some fishing.......Exellence!

We wont soon forget this past weekend and the time we had and we now have the pictures to save for our memories.

We're looking forward to the get together for some Simcoe Ice this winter provided you 2 come on out for some BOQ Walleye through the ice too.... theres so much more soft water action still to do.

TJ hit gold when he put this board together, where complete strangers can become Good Friends.

Thank you for the time we shared, it couldnt happen sooner once more.

-PeteNCharmin'