bronte creek

chewy

this is my personal opinion but i was down fishing the peir last night and desided to have a peek at the creek not to fish and i hope the mnr goes down there and shuts the park down if not there is going to be a lot of fish not even reach there spawning grounds and the god dam snaggers and poachers will have a slaughter house there i havent seen that creek that low in 4 years. lets hope the mnr or somebody does something or were in trouble.

river fishing for chinooks is a waste of time unless your a snagger,or sorry a liner.rarely do those fish bite once in the river try for em at the mouths then let em do thier thing upstream this is my 2 cents

I like to river fish for nooks and i often bottom bounce but last year i caught 3 nooks drifting. I can't really imagine the spawn going directly into there mouths and I wasn't even fishing deep. Some people say they don't eat during when thier in the river then how come the best bite is always at night? Last year durignt he day nada. Night time and we had over 25 hookups and 9 landed.

Coho & Chinook Salmon were originally stocked back in the '70's to help control the Alewife population in Lake Ontario.

The Charter fishery grew as the salmon populations blossomed. The Salmon became a Sport Fishing industry that filled the void of the long gone Lake Trout.

River fishing is just a "bonus" that the survivor's attempt to reproduce. The USA does the majority of stocking in the big lake.

Bottom line is..be grateful we have this fishery and help utilize & protect it. Join a fishing Association to get involved.

Legally, all snagged fish must be released. Accidently or not, it happens...

I remember back few years ago when I first started salmon fishing... I really didn't know anything other than casting lures from the pier.

But what I also did from bronte creek was use a original floating raps F07. In one of those pools where salmons were in... all i did was let the rapala flow with the river and when i got near those pool, i just stop and let the lure swim with the current on a spot and salmon would most of times swim up and bite the lure. And due to slower river current lure doesn't dive much,,, so you'll see salmon head coming out the water.

:asshat:Gee . . . . is it time to put the carp gear away and get out my big ol' #2 treble, 50 pound Power Pro, and 85 gram sinker . . . . the salmon izz in already? Any suggestions what kinda bait I should use . . . . or might they get mad & chomp the bare treble as it's dragged past?? :whistling:

i will agree salmon bite out of anger while upstream u would to if u seen the same ugly fly or roe bag drift by your face a million times.as for hooking them bottom bouncing they bassicaly swim into your line mouths gaping and gasping the line slides down to the hook and hey it looks like it ate it,ever notice alot of the time the hook is just on the outside of the mouth.as for bottom bouncing working better at night this is because the fish move under the cover of darkness.if u do fish like this dont waste your time with roe use ear plugs or marshmellows or a piece of foam ive even used a cigarette butt with success.