Litte Kawartha muskie report

mattyk

Had the oppertunity to fish with Lew on a Kawartha lake yesterday and had a great time and really learned a lot from the muskie master himself. I was able to land a little guy. She put up a nice fight and was caught on a spinner bait. The poor thing had a hook from somebody else stuck inside its mouth with a wire leader sticking out. Lew was able to remove the hook and we let the fish go with a real nice quick release. I lost another one that slammed my spinner bait really hard and jumpped about 2 feet in the air and spit the spinner bait back at me. That was really exciting, first time that has happend to me. Cold front moved thorugh and that slowed the fishing down a little bit. Lew was able to get a few follows but the big girls were not too interested in taking any of our baits.

med_gallery_396_174_32636.jpg

Really nice finally hooking up with you in person after a couple years of PM's Matt, and I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year when you return to Canada.

Just one tiny dink landed this trip, but hopefully we can scare up a few bigger girls next time. :Gonefishing: