Why Me !!!!!!!!

bowshep

Well on Aug 24 it will be a year of perticipating in the sport of fishing, again. l have put in alot of time and money into this sport and have learned new styles in the process (hence the money).

A friend Mike took me out trib fissin' for salmon. Had no waders used a 6' ugly stick and a repala reel (nice stick crap reel). With in a month l had 13.5' Quantum and the crap reel, with that set up l cought one rainbow 6.5 lb so that fish was worth 300 bucks.

Then l got the Islander center pin on the quantum rod that was like having a vette engine in a La Car so l switched to a Raven lm8 14' 3pc. wow l had the gear now lm going to catch lots of fish. That center pin got me hooked up with Dmass and my life as a float fisherman changed l became a fast learner, l watched every move that man did and copyed it to the T. When god is fishing you watch and anyone that fish's with dave will have to agree (l'm Dave's cheerleder lol).

l did not catch a fish from sept 28 till March 17th Skunked for 57 days.

Spring time and l started Flyfishing Thanks Dave and lm getting realy good on the casting. But only cought a few 8in browns l dont call them fish.l talked and talked fishing to learn as much as l can from anyone that will tell me.

l also picked up a TeamDiawa LT 12-25 6.6 one pice that l use a Simano Carado Bait caster Which lm getting good at untieing knots. lol

Except for my 31in' laker that's it. l have been calm about it but COME ON @$###$$ yes it will happen thats what everyone says #%#$$@$%* l have Spent over 5k on fishing stuff l have the best gear that l can aford and have made lots of sacrifices to get it and no fish $#$%$#%$#$$ ^$#%%$#$$$$#$. Eatting wize l have only had one 1.5 Rainbow $ 5k for 1.5lb of fish.

lm planning on starting Bow hunting next year l think the Deer will be safe.

Peace Ken

Ps Well the Salmon are starting to swim so here we go again.

Edited by bowshep

At least your consistent :lol:. Just kidding man, I hope your luck turns around.

Bowhunting you say eh, my kind of hunting I love it and will NEVER stop. Been bowhunting now for 13 years. Just more money you will need to spend :D .

Well, you can spend all the $$$$ in the world on fish'n gear, but at the end of the day, you still need to cast the hook to where the fish is sitting before you can catch him. :Gonefishing:

Don't get frustrated Ken, it just takes plenty of time on the water and lots & lots & lots of practice to get it right.

One of these days it'll all come together for ya :thumbsup_anim:

Practice l have worn out 20lb power pro with the bait caster respooled the Islander twice and worn out a fly line l put in about 6 hours aweek out of the water and 7 hrs aweek in the water. Practice l have just started casting to the shore out of the water and then pulling it into the water. l can make my yazurri top walkers dance. With a fly l can put a fly under a dock with 6" gap. Sorry but l know people have the right to say things but practicing is an obsetion. Peace Ken

Dont worry

We still have alot of time for fishing.... Salmon is around the corner.... There are still fly casts that we havent worked on yet and with all the time you practise it should anytime now

Thanks for the good comments

Dave

Ken, as I said in my 1st post, you still need to put the hook where the fish is.

Doesn't really matter how good you become with the equipment, or how accurate you are with the casting, if there aren't any fish where your fishing, you still won't be catching any.

You need to keep practicing with the gear, but even more importantly, you need to practice figuring out where the fish are holding at different times of the day.

Once you put it all together, life becomes much simpler, but don't forget, learning all the new techniques is part of the fun, and once you decide you have nothing more to learn, then you've lost the fun of fishing.

Enjoy the learning process, it's the best part of the sport ;)

Hi Lew l wasn't stepping on anyone if l mentioned about my constant practicing the first time it might of come off better than it did. Most of all l know who to take my advice from and l know some people like you have tons of info that l try to utalize. Dave has watched me fish and lm doing nothing wrong its that they just dont like me.lol Peace Ken

I can sort of relate on the expense part.... I stopped fishing for about 12 years, but got started back up 3 yrs ago. I used to fish for EVERYTHING with just 2 rods and 3 old clunky reels. Now I have 12 rods 9 of them specific to just one type of fishing About 15 reels.... 2 of the rods haven't seen the outside of the packaging but I just HAD to have them, because I know the ones I bought them to replace will eventually wear out or break. Then it was 3 different sets of waders. 3 complete sets of rain gear the first for warm weather, the second for when it gets a bit more chilly and the last for the time of year when you can say if some asks wasn't it cold, YEP it was I haven't seen my nads in 3 days. Same with waterproof boots for shore fishing, nothing worse than cold or wet feet while fishing. Gloves I cheaped out there only spent about 150 bucks only to find out nothing is warmer than the 4.99 pairs of fleece ones from Walmart just carry 3 pairs for when one gets wet. If all 3 are wet I GO home.... Spent about 400 bucks on mono line alone just to find the perfect brand, for 50 bucks I will tell you what it is LOL. Braid bites HUGE so that was a total waste of well over a 100 right there playing with the 4 different brands of that crap I tried. Fluorocarbon is junk too I don't even want to add up those receipts, I don't know how one person could get 5 bad spools of 4 different brands of the stuff but I did. NEVER will I fall for that hype again LOL. It is good old 4lb clear trilene XT from now on for clear days and green for muddy water.... Minnow buckets 3 diffent types, bait traps and nets 3 different kinds and sizes. Landing nets 2 so far but not done there I still need a BIG net that comes with a 3 section 12ft handle but haven't found one of those for sale yet.... Tackle couldn't even guess at as I seem to lose it as fast as my buddies can rig up with up with it.... Biggest expense though I don't even want to think about is the money in gas at 25 bucks a trip to either of the Great Lakes I fish at from where I live minimum of twice a week for 40+ weeks a year.... YIKES

On the other hand though I have had some great times fishing two or more times a week. For instance I fished for steel from September 2nd last year until June 12th this year, missing only 4 weeks when the whole lake shore was frozen. I got a chinook hen the first time out and I got a 5lb rainbow dropback the last time out. The longest I went during that time without catching chrome was 5 trips. The most important thing I learned when it comes to steelheading on Lake Huron is that, it is either you day or it isn't, no sense in letting it get to you, but you can't catch'em while sitting on the couch at home.

As for other types of fishing, I already have lost count of how many bass I nailed so far since it opened well over 100 and climbing though. Perch, had a few good days catching lots, more days when the bite was off, but I did have so much fun sitting on the pier in the warmer part of the year and just chatting with the other anglers.

So all in all I think I have gotten good value for my money.....

Edited by Canuck2fan

bowshep my "practice" was a figure of speech. Like Lew said you can have all the mechanics down but if your not in the right spots it really doesn't matter where you can cast.

Time on the or around the water is the best experience to figure out what the fish want not matter what your fishing for.

I was in no way was trying to tell you you did not know how to cast a bait.

Like I said keep fishing they will come.

Good Luck

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

Ricoboxing l don't beleive in "the Jinks" it is eather poor prep. in the gear or just that it was not ment tobe. Trout pond never l spent to much time and energy finding places and practicing putting a row bag into a tea cup at 15'or to push a float above the roe bag so the drift happens so perfectly just to watch the Rainbows move out of its way.

Most of all l will not quit fishing l love it so much and it is a life line for my soul.

Peace Ken

Hello Whopper like Lew l was not taken aback to your comment you did not have all the info. l do read alot about fishing and put the tactics to use. lm just one of thoughs guys right now. But hey you dont have to catch to teach :huh: Peace Ken

I think you should take up fishing for musky. That would involve a whole new set of rods, reels, baits and possibly endless days of casting only to see a big fish follow your bait and turn away from your offering in contempt. Very relaxing. Andy

Well you know what they say.

"The longer you wait, the better the bait"

If this holds true, get the mount ready for your trophy fish!

oh wait, I think that saying was for women, not fish. :whistling:;)

Well you know what they say.

"The longer you wait, the better the bait"

oh wait, I think that saying was for women, not fish. :whistling:;)

Bang on! It actually works both ways. Right Ken....Right!! hahaha Geez, I thought you would have figured out that your skunk in the water landed you the best on land. Men :asshat::w00t:

NICE FISH NANCY

WOW THAT GUY THAT GUIDED YOU THAT DAY MUST HAVE BEEN ON THE MONEY LOL

DAVE

It was YOU who guided me. I believe it was on my third visit, maybe fourth to TO, that I met you on that cold spring morning for some fishing. Ken was out of the truck for some reason, you turned, looked me straight in the eye and said, "Ken is a good man". I did a silent gulp and knew that you meant it. I am just a wee thing weighing slightly more than a rainbow and you convinced me no problem. :lol: all kidding aside...looking forward to seeing you again Dave.

Is this a Dear Abby letter? I am hearing some serious whining and crying here.... Man up, dont worry about looking the part on the water and catch some fish! If your Dora The Explorer rod works?? then use it!

LOL

Gerritt.

l wish l had my Pocket Fisherman that cheap fold out cought me more fish than the gear l have now. Gerritt can l borrow you Barbie rod lol. Peace Ken.

Ps sorry for the mushie stuff but its still about the me that most of you don't know

and the fact that at least lm honest about it and the "Whining and Crying" part just

more proof you don't know me

Edited by bowshep

OH Ken!

Still not catching fish?? How can that be?

Since I have fished with you I know your skill level... I assure you that it really has nothing to do with you...

Maybe you should do a fish dance or something?

Wishing you beat out your PB soon...

In my thoughts (thankful it isn't me) JK...

Always

Jen