Help

Daplumma

I'm on my laptop cause my other puter wont log onto this site.All was well last night and this morning it would not log on.The little windows logo flaps around but nothing happens for a long time(5 minutes or more).I have cleared my cookies twice and dont know what else to do.any ideas?I really really hate this laptop.

Joe

Thanx for the replies.I disabled the firewall and logged out on the laptop but still cant load the site.Its just so strange because I didn't change anything on the computer from the night before.Any other ideas of what it could be?

Joe

Joe, its much easier to fault find on a 30 year old central heating system that has had multiple upgrades and Mr DIY and all his mates have been playing with it :thumbsup_anim: as a fellow plumber keep in there buddy, you will sort it I am sure :clapping:

This is getting silly,I had Art do a restore back to Thursday and no dice.I have not changed anything here and evry other website I frequent is working like a champ.Checked the lan stuff out also.Has anyone else ever had this happen?The computer I am on now is on a wireless linksys from the same cable line that my other one uses.Does it have the same IP?What is going on here?

Joe

very weird, not sure what to do.

Maybe add http://www.ofncommunity.com to trusted sites - doub it will work, but no harm in trying.

in IE, click Tools > Internet Options > select Security Tab > then click Trusted Sites, then the Sites button just below it to the right. then type in http://www.ofncommunity.com and click Add.

you can also add the URL in Privacy settings.

Good luck!

What's wierd is that it is like totally weird. There is a nother site that I visit with plenty o pictures, and no matter what I do, I can't get those pictures to load. Can't figger. Let me know what you learn.

Fellow plumber to the rescue, I remember having a similar problem a while back all I had to do in the end was set the time on the pooter to the right day and time, something to do with the "bios" that bit i made up but it sounds good :thumbsup_anim:

I added it to the trusted list and still no go. I ran C Cleaner and cleaned out all of IE and firefox. I deleted and retyped the address. The puter will go to the redirected site but then it hangs up without forwarding the computer even if you manualy click it to redirect. It will not go to any part of the http://www.ofncommunity/ anywere. I have turned off macafee and restored the putter to the last save were it was working correctly. The LAN settings are correct and this happened overnight not when something was done to it. Can one of the mods tell us what the IP address is for OFC and what IP Daplumma computer is logging in on and weither it has some form of a block feature that might have accidently gotten turned on his account. Am I correct in assuming that admin controls can only prevent someone from logging in but can't stop them from viewing the site??? I am alittle lost on this one can someone send me the instructions for PINGING the site to see if it is an internet or a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance

Art

Thanx for the replies.Checked the date and time and it is correct.Updated Java cause it needed it.Art sent me a lowfi version of OFC and it works but I cant post from it.From the lowfi I can get to the log on page and log on but cant get to the forums.Any other ideas?

Joe

If I understand correctly....the laptop and the computer that is not loading OFC are sharing the same connection through a wireless router??

If this is the case....there is no need to ping the server...the server is working. Definitely sounds like it is the desktop machine. That being said.....weird things happen with Windows all the time.......information to run a trace route (can always run it on both and compare)

In Windows 2000 or XP, go to "Start" > "Run" and type "cmd" and press the "Enter" key.

This will bring up a 'command prompt" window. It have a line that looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname> _

with a cursor blinking next to the ">" symbol.

To run the traceroute type "tracert [hostname]" where the [hostname] is the name of the server that you are connection testing.

This test will proceed some up to a minute or more. It will generate a list of the connection along the way and some information about the speed of the steps along the way. Then you would send us the complete results (every line) for analysis.

If you have difficulty copying the traceroute information, or if it runs off the screen, you can instead type "tracert yourdomain.name > C:\trace1.txt". This would write the command results to a text file named trace1.txt in the root of your C: drive.

Might be something helpful here MozillaZine

Top of the page deals mostly with not being able to load any pages but if you read on, it does offer some suggestions when you are having trouble loading only some pages.

One of my favorite tricks when having trouble with our machines and I am at a loss.....Compare all the settings of the 2 machines assuming they are running the same software (Windows XP, McAfee, Firefox)

Read that you ran a cleaner and it didn't seem to help. Might be something there that your program did not pickup. There are many programs on the net that will scan your machine for free and give you a list of what it found. If nothing else works.....See if one of those will find something.......you can always remove what it finds manually.

Sorry for the long post.....just trying to offer some suggestions...I know how maddening it is to have computer issues! Good Luck!

Me again..sorry!

Forgot to put this in the last post

An option to determine if this is a problem with the desktop vs router . Disconnect the router and connect the desktop directly to the modem. If it loads OFC then you may need to go through the router settings vs the desktop settings....might help narrow it down

If I understand correctly....the laptop and the computer that is not loading OFC are sharing the same connection through a wireless router??

That is correct.The wierd thing is I can get to the login page thru the "lowfi" version and from there acess gallerie,help,chat,news ect.

I dont know why I cant get into the forum page.Chat works fine for some reason.I tried plugging the computer directly into the cable modem but no sites worked.

Joe

Update.Still cant access the forum page from my desk computer.The laptop still works.Had to replace my moden for unrelated reasons and still no OFC.Hope to hook up with Corey to work thru this.I miss you guys!

Joe