New Walleye Recipe

solopaddler

Yeah yeah I know, I'm morphing into Martha Stewart here :D , but trust me it's delicious!

Baked Walleye In Sour Cream

Salt and Pepper

1c Sour Cream

1 3lb Walleye, filleted

1/4ts Thyme

1/2c grated Parmesan Cheese

2tb Finely minced onion

1/2c breadcrumbs

2tb soft butter

2tb lemon juice

5 strips of bacon

Salt and pepper the fish. Mix minced onions and butter and spread on both sides of the fish.

Lay the bacon strips on the bottom of a shallow baking dish and lay in the fish

skin side down.

In a bowl mix the sour cream, thyme, grated cheese, bread crumbs, and lemon

juice and spread mixture over the fish.

Bake at 325 for 30 mins, give or take.

Mmmmm.....

(side note: it just scored me major brownie points with my wife....something to consider if you're married :P )

Filleted with Skin on or off?

Sounds good I have evrything in the fridge but the Walleye - dang. :)

Well actually the recipe called for "scaled, filleted and skin left on"

I was too lazy to scale the fish and didn't want to leave the skin on so I used regular fillets and it tasted great.

Still put skin side down so they don't curl up though.

(If you're close to Dundas stop by, you can have some of my fillets ;) )

Oh Gawd!!! I hope Daplumma doesn't see this one!... the next thing yanno, it'll be a barrage of his "recipes"... he's a real Suzy Homemaker kinda guy yanno. :rolleyes:

Hey Dawg..ESAD!I got yer Suzy Homemaker son!By the way,sounds like a good recipe but not too many 3 lb walleyes here.

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

Hey Dawg..ESAD!I got yer Suzy Homemaker son!By the way,sounds like a good recipe but not too many 3 lb walleyes here.

Joe

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

If I remember correctly... there weren't that many Walleyes of any size for you on the West Arm either!!! :whistling:

btw... glad to see you're feeling well enough to "try" to insult me... was gettin' worried about ya there for awhile. :stretcher:

Edited by Greencoachdog

Mike with your young little crew you have to do more sucking up in order to go fishing more often :whistling: .Great stratedgy.It has become much easier for me I just bring my Son and the wife is glad to get rid of us.Looks like a tasty recipe I will have to try that.

MTP :thumbsup_anim:

Mike with your young little crew you have to do more sucking up in order to go fishing more often :whistling: .Great stratedgy.

Sadly, there's some truth to that statement, although I still fish way more than all my other married friends combined :D .

Looking forward to the day when my kids are old enough to join me as well.

Well actually the recipe called for "scaled, filleted and skin left on"

I was too lazy to scale the fish and didn't want to leave the skin on so I used regular fillets and it tasted great.

Still put skin side down so they don't curl up though.

(If you're close to Dundas stop by, you can have some of my fillets ;) )

hey Mike I ll be over soon......can ya cook em for me too lol sounds like a good meal and ahhh ya you fish way more then your married friends......

Edited by aniceguy

Highlight the text you want to print. Right click on your mouse and select 'Copy'. Then, open a new Word or Notepad document, right click on your mouse again, and select 'Paste'. Now you can print this or 'Save As', to add to your recipe library on your pc.