Gloucester pool Cottage Trip

caper

Rented a buddies cottage up in Gloucester pool for the week last week. Had some family rent it with us and some other family and friends visited on the weekend. Was a great time and it sure is nice to get away to such a beautiful area.

My Buddy has a small area where you can sort of turn a boat around in his driveway and then launch it at the front of the cottage. Well that was an adventure but after stopping and having a beer to think it through we managed to get the boat in the water then get unpacked.

med_gallery_136_29_52984.jpg

Got out fishing quite a bit but usually early morning before anyone was up. Mostly caught Bass and the odd small Pike. Just noticed going through the pics that there's none of me holding a fish. Couldn't seem to catch a thing when the camera and others were in the boat!

Seemed to catch a lot of Bass on minnows and then I decided to try a tube that a friend gave me to try for the first time. I must have tossed that thing around for 2 hours, got a few nibbles that was it. I come back to the dock and my wife meets me there and grabs the rod off the boat with the tube on it and decides to do a few casts off the dock with it.

Not three casts later she comes up with this..

med_gallery_136_29_32775.jpg

So that's how it's done eh!

Had the little fellow out several times fishing and he came up with a few monsters..

med_gallery_136_29_6031.jpg

I think in this pic he was getting tired of me taking pics and he just wants it off the hook so he can throw it back in the water. He loves to watch them all swim away.

med_gallery_136_29_84479.jpg

This one's pretty neat. I had had a hard time getting him to hold it in a way that I could see the fish in the picture.

med_gallery_136_29_1089.jpg

Besides the fishing we got to some watersports as well and convinced my little fella who's three that he would love the tube, so after some coaxing he got in with grandpa. Well after a VERY slow put around the bay he figured he liked his feet planed on the dock better. Maybe next year. This is a high speed action shot!

med_gallery_136_29_57420.jpg

My buddy had a couple of these kayaks there and this was more his style he loved them. Must of went of 20 trips to the waterfalls with everyone. Here's a shot me and him enjoying a ride.

med_gallery_136_29_487.jpg

The cottage is very close to the Big Chute Marine Railway so it's pretty neat to go over and watch the boats come over the hill.

med_gallery_136_29_49335.jpg

Saw lots of these fella's flying around

med_gallery_136_29_36175.jpg

And some scenery

med_gallery_136_29_41991.jpg

All in all it was a great week. Nothing spectacular fishing wise but good times with friends and family and time on the water fishing. Oh and the odd :whistling: cold beer. Nothing like it. Wish I could have stayed for another week.

Thanks for looking,

Craig

Edited by caper