Kawartha Karp

Beans

Crappieprechhunter and I took a run down P'boro way this morning and for a while it looked like we were in Skunk City...Just before the storm blew thru a little after 09:00 AM I managed to lose a decent carp and then came the rains...we tried waiting it out by sitting in the car but decided to go exploring as soon as it let up enough to pack up our equipment...

Cph had only fished up that way once a couple of years ago so the canoe club up at the north end was new to him as well as the point between the canal and the river...we didn't fish there as we hd no net...too high to lift...

We decided to head back where we were before as we had invested a lot of corn as chum in the area and our old friend Rodpolly stopped by to see how we were doing...(Great to see you Ron)...

He said that the area had been dead for the past three weeks but you couldn't tell by us...Cph landed three and lost two...all good sized...and I lost a brute by being too heavy handed on the drag but my arm was getting sore after fifteen minutes of the battle...

No great numbers but after nothing for a long time it sure felt good to feel sumpin' heavy pulling on our strings... :clapping: