Walleye Catching Lake Erie

Jen

Sonny and I were invited by Fishmaster to go Walleye fishing last night...

We left right after work as the boat would be setting out close to six.

It was amazing to watch as Fishmaster and his friends set up all his equipment.

-10 Rods, more worm harnesses than I could count and in more colours than a little girl would have in barrettes and hair bands... with names that I couldn't even begin to list, some glass, some plastic beads you name it and it was there. All handmade and in the greatest little carrying cases. Then there were the dipsys, jets and downriggers ...the set up seemed neverending ... however in less than an hour all lines were out and fish were being reeled in.

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter003.jpg

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter004.jpg

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter006.jpg

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter015.jpg

Didn't take long for Jim to bring in the first fish

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter026.jpg

This is what they called two foot waves... which I was concerned hearing about... as I am never sure about the whole sea sickness thing... The boat barely swayed once the drift socks were dropped... Was I ever amazed. Although the fact that the picnic table was bolted to the floor reassured me.

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter028.jpg

All in all it was an excellent night! I sat watching and learning as Fishmaster, Steve, Jim, RJ and Sonny worked , occationally I got up to reel in a walleye...but watching and learning as much as I could about how everything works was more my interest this night...I payed attention to driving the boat, use of planner boards, setting dipsy's and how to tell there was a fish on with 10 lines running out the back of the boat. There was never a dull moment and these guys moved.

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter029.jpg

p.s. anyone else see the ufo in that pic above.

Double header...

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter036.jpg

And then it was my turn... I have caught walleye before, on Bay of Quinte, my first actually ever... and this was different. Big rods, heavy equipment and heavy fish... Not like bringing in a salmon at all...

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter043.jpg

There were 11 fish brought into the boat in a few short hours last night... and several lost.

One huge cargo boat and a beautiful sunset,

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter064.jpg

Once it got dark all the lines came in, which was even more work than putting them out.

RemingtonJ1sttestcharter088.jpg

Thank you so much Steve for inviting me on your trial run, it was a great learning experience for both Sonny and I .

You have a great group of friends...

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Good report Jen! Nice looking ride.

I've been pretty lucky myself to enjoy some of the best walleye fishing in years in the western basin / island area of the big pond. We've been catching quality fish since mid april by various methods from jigging, drifting, pulling harnesses and trolling. Been a great year so far. The class of 2003 fish has really jumped started the fishery.

Glad you had a good time and learned a few new tricks

Whopper

was a great time for sure!!!,,,and nice hveing your sis come with ya so i don't have to do the posting,,,lol

:P:D

YA Sonny we are hoping for a huge report from you soon.Luckily your sister is a talented writer and photographer Oh and she does catch nice fish.

Great report as always Jen I like what you said about the worm harnesses more colours than a little girl would have in Barettes and hair bands.So true my girls have zillions.Looking forward to the next report. :clapping: MTP