Thanks for the Jigs Brian (Misfish)

Hi All,

So way back in December last year Brian sent me some of his buggy type jigs to try out, after many excuses and missed opportunities I put them to the test today....WOW....the crappie loved them!!! The fish were being picky as hell and I had tried everything with no resultslts except window shoppers, then I remembered (at last) that I had Brian's creations in my jig box, I tied one on and window shoppers became repeat customers....the fish just smoked them! Thanks again Brian, very kind of you to gift me some of your jigs, I won't be hesitating or forgetting them again.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, misfish said:

Thanks buddy and that's the same one CLIFF was smashing perch on. I have heavier tungsten beads on the way. 7/32 & 1/4. Those will drop much fast for you.

That colour in particular is doing the damage. I tried your drop shot type rig yesterday, I think it was too ‘busy’ for the fish, for crappie anyway. Walleye like ‘em too. The heavier tungsten sounds interesting, would that increase the overall size a lot?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, limeyangler said:

That colour in particular is doing the damage. I tried your drop shot type rig yesterday, I think it was too ‘busy’ for the fish, for crappie anyway. Walleye like ‘em too. The heavier tungsten sounds interesting, would that increase the overall size a lot?

The fish,will not notice a size difference Simon. If anything,they will see a bigger juicier grub. LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now you guys have me craving to get out on Erie for Perch, those bugs you sent me Brian almost look good for me to eat.

Since we fish deep water for Perch I may use a couple dropshoting with a little line on them snelled to the main line.

Thanks Bro for the Loony Bugs. I'll send you my results Bro if I can get away from L. Ont. fishing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CrowMan said:

That's quite the investment ! Tungsten ain't cheap..

I'm sure you'll get a nice return on your money once you do your magic.

Well that is the plan,but I will be selling for a fair price. I bought direct from the factory in China. Would of had sooner if they did not take off the month of February for new year.

I have already started and with the number 1 this season.

20240308_065924.jpg

20240307_172408.jpg

18 minutes ago, limeyangler said:

How long does it take to tie one of those jigs?

I just crank the tunes and get going Simon. Seems I can make one start of a song and finish when it,s done. So about 3-4 min. I have got a system down and works well. If the mrs,s is home and turns the TV on,much slower times. I seem to stop and watch moments. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I just crank the tunes and get going Simon. Seems I can make one start of a song and finish when it,s done. So about 3-4 min. I have got a system down and works well. If the mrs,s is home and turns the TV on,much slower times. I seem to stop and watch moments. LOL

Sounds good. I need to put an order in ;)

• Thanks 1