top 5 musky lures?!

siwash

On 10/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, BITEME said:

Keep telling yourself that

Wow, what eating you? Line counter reels can be real handy for trolling for numerous species. A lot more accurate that coloured  mono trolling line. I've used them lots for copper line trolling too for Lakers.

Edited by smitty55
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, smitty55 said:

Wow, what eating you? Line counters real can be real handy for trolling for numerous species. A lot more accurate that coloured  mono trolling line. I've used them lots for copper line trolling too for Lakers.

I’ve only ever used a counter on a down rigger never on a reel

absolutely no conceivable reason for me to ever do that.

im not the greatest fisher in the world but I can put a lot in a boat.

it’s just me

On 10/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, BITEME said:

Keep telling yourself that

Better tell all the salmon guys running dipsys and the muskie guys they're wasting time knowing what depths their baits are running at lol.

Although I guess if all you do is dunk worms under a float, you wouldn't have a use for one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BillM said:

Better tell all the salmon guys running dipsys and the muskie guys they're wasting time knowing what depths their baits are running at lol.

Although I guess if all you do is dunk worms under a float, you wouldn't have a use for one.

I hate still fishing really! I have attention issues 

and if have have to screw around counting and playing scientist it takes the rawness out of it and the shine comes off

ive fished salmon on the big o for 50+ years and never used a line counter on a reel. planner boards, dipsies and all manner of salmon thingies just not my bag or a tool I would even remotely find interesting

to each their own

pass on the counter!

peter 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BITEME said:

I hate still fishing really! I have attention issues 

and if have have to screw around counting and playing scientist it takes the rawness out of it and the shine comes off

ive fished salmon on the big o for 50+ years and never used a line counter on a reel. planner boards, dipsies and all manner of salmon thingies just not my bag or a tool I would even remotely find interesting

to each their own

pass on the counter!

peter 

All good Peter, we didn't use line counters with the oldman when I was a kid back in the 80s either.  Hell, I think half the time we didn't even have a fish finder lol!    Still put fish in the boat.

• Like 2

Salmon in the early days...Pink Ladies and counting passes of the level wind...and then we graduated to a home-made downrigger made from my Mom's old clothesline reel, counting revolutions. 

After that, I thought I had the ultimate in hi-tech...I got together enough scratch to buy a Lowrance X-15...fond memories of trying to change the paper roll in 7 footers on Lady O...

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 2

In the 80s salmon were stacked in the water column from top to bottom! The rigger lines would tremble with all the bait school hitting the wire as they were so thick. I started salmon fishing in 89 at the tail end of the heyday but it was still a lot better than now. Way less salmon and probably a line counter wouldnt hurt 

• Like 1