shore fishing@ salmon charter

medmart

You can fish Lake O tribs in fall when the salmon run starts, ccmt has few threads on shore fishing recently. Best local shore fishing I'm aware of is Scugog-maybe hwy 7A (7?) causeway just out of Port Perry on way to Cesarea but its often looks crowded.

There's few charters for Salmon operating out of Port Darlington-if nobody has a recomendation here try Spoonpullers site. Little early on North side but some large kings being caught.

Im thinking it best to stay away from the bog for now till they find out what the heck is going on with the killing spree of fish. Im been hearing that musky and bass are being washed up on shore as well and there are no ducks even staying on the water.

The tribes which you got lots of in your area are awesome. Just make sure you read the regs on the boundries bro.

Im sure theres got to be spots on Rice I just dont know any. Get yerself a boat.LOL

Im been hearing that musky and bass are being washed up on shore as well and there are no ducks even staying on the water.

Brian, now it's REALLY starting to sound serious !!!!!

Have you heard the stories of musky & bass dying 1st hand or is it just rumours, and is it being linked with the carp die-off at all ??

My wife heard same about Scugog from co-worker that lives in Port Perry-I dismissed it as nothing on here and in news. Sorry about that recomendation Memart, maybe renting a boat at Rice would be best local fishing in Lake O isn't apealling-not sure if there's shore fishing spots on Rice.

Thats really bad news on the Bog, we used to fish there often and kids often swam at Goerski's or sand bar across from Cesarea launch. When will MNR tell us what's going on-with carp die-off in Sturgeon also and now other species affected in Scugog its troublesome.

Hey Memart...Welcome to the board...your brudder will prob tell you to just ignore all my good advice... :rolleyes: but since you asked...

Bowmanville and Port Hope can get good for salmon soon...keep your eye on the board for when they start running...we hooked some as early as mid July (or was it August...) three years ago using roe bags on bottom from shore...