Hawk Air, Outposts out of Wawa…Recommendations

DGeibel

Looking at Hawk Air out of the Wawa area for fly-in Outposts for a trip next year.  6 guys.  Anyone been to their camps and could make any recommendations? Planning to do a Saturday to Saturday and considering Easey Point, Duffy, Upper Duffy, Lobo, or Wejin Lakes. How was the fishing & accommodations? Are their outposts secluded so no other cabins? private? Flew out of Nakina last year with 7 Lakes Wilderness Camps, had a great trip to Kap Lake, but the guys don’t want to drive up that far next year.  

Any other outfitters we should consider?  Driving from just south of Cleveland Ohio, not looking for more than a 10 hour drive (including stops for fuel and food).

Thanks!

Edited by DGeibel

Take a look at Kabinakagami Lake. Large lake...over 25 miles long with 100's of islands...with the best fishing in the Algoma region that I've experienced. No shortage of eater Walleye, with the occasional 28"+, and plenty of pike in the 30 to 40" range. There are a couple of outfitters that have places on the lake, however the lake is so big that you always feel that you have it to yourself. We flew out of White River with Agich's, but I believe Watson's flies there out of Wawa. Anyway, White River and Wawa are only an hour apart on hwy 17.

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

I think you will do fine there, keep in mind a lot of those lakes in that area are gin clear and may need a different approach than kapikotongwa which has a heavy tea stain. That whole kapikotongwa system from Marshall to Percy is very good, hope it didn't spoil you too bad

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, Terry said:

And if he had a DeLorean, him and doc could check it out 

Looking at Hawk Air out of the Wawa area for fly-in Outposts for a trip next year.  6 guys.

He said he had 6 FYI