finally.

Barry Willis

Well I finally found the perfect boat for myself. 14ft mirrocraft complete with everything including a Lowrance fish finder and trolling motor Nothing near as nice as some of you other fellas have but it's all I need and could afford on my old age Gov. pension. It's been very well taken care of. He even keeps the trailer up on jack stands with the tires off the floor when he's not using it. Has every thing I need and is ready for the water. Besides I needed one to put my Helix 7 on I bought a couple years ago. Yeah, I put the carriage ahead of the horse Haha. I had a nice 16ft vanguard vip with a rebuild 60hp mariner. A few years ago someone cut the lock off and stole it from right behind the house. Hope I haven't bored ya's all half to death. I'm just excited to have another one.

046116ee-0432-415a-aaa5-4172790ecb0e (1).webp

8e630268-666e-442c-bd90-bfcd0f2892b8.webp

1ea63da7-eb3b-4504-b0ed-7e6b04f5f086.webp

77d9cccc-253d-4550-8a98-c85b885193bc.webp

abec4627-bd89-47c2-bca6-4cbc202ead0a (1).webp

DSC00580-001.JPG

DSC00578-001.JPG

• Like 4

I really don't know at this time Fisherman. I don't actually pick it up until tomorrow or Sunday. My biggest concern is the speed or revolutions those small wheels spin in regards to the bearings. It has buddy bearings that he greases every spring and has done so for me to tow it home here which is a three hour drive on the highway But I will be putting bigger tires on it for sure. They should be coming on sale pretty quick. Thank you very much.

Edited by Barry Willis
  • Like 1

Thanks very much Spiel I appreciate it. I've been watching Kijiji very closely for a couple years now for a practical boat. I came across this one in the most unusual way. I was driving through a residential neighborhood and on a front lawn was a sign - boat for sale. I'm thinking what the ....'s up with that. He could have at least put the boat on the drive way. But there was just something about it so I went back. He took me into his garage and there it was. He's always kept it inside when he isn't using it. After some haggling I got it for two thousand bucks and all the goodies included. It was a no brainer. The Evinrude is a 9.9hp. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

Thanks very much Spiel I appreciate it. I've been watching Kijiji very closely for a couple years now for a practical boat. I came across this one in the most unusual way. I was driving through a residential neighborhood and on a front lawn was a sign - boat for sale. I'm thinking what the ....'s up with that. He could have at least put the boat on the drive way. But there was just something about it so I went back. He took me into his garage and there it was. He's always kept it inside when he isn't using it. After some haggling I got it for two thousand bucks and all the goodies included. It was a no brainer. The Evinrude is a 9.9hp. 

You scored Barry.

Thanks very much for that Misfish. Yeah the boats around an 81. My Dad had a 14ft mirrocraft in the late 70s. And as you mentioned it was wide and deep. I loved it. He had a 7.5 merc on his and it really went then I put a 9.9 on it and I couldn't believe it. This one I just bought has a 9.9 This one here is a different model as my dad's didn't narrow from the center to the transom kinda like a canoe with the square transom. So I don't know what it's going to be like. It should go through the water nice I would think. Any way so long for now.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

That looks like the older model. I had a 12ft with a 6hp rude many years ago. I fished lake O on calm days. It was nice and wide and deep. Nice score.

It's amazing what you'll see out on Lake O. Back in the late 80's during the heyday of the Salmon Derby, we were fishing out of Port Credit in 250 fow or so...probably about 7 miles out from port. It was a lumpy day with 4 to 5 ft swells..to the point that you couldn't see the horizon when in a trough between waves. We quarter into a big swell, and as we crest over the top, on the other side we almost run over 2 guys in a Sportspal canoe with 2 homemade hand-crank riggers made out of clothes-line reels...they were paddling, the thing didn't even have a motor on it...just crazy..