Out on Gbay today

motv8tr

Well Steve and I were off today and decided last night that we'd head out this morning weather permitting. Not long after I got up it started to rain and thunder pretty good...not a good sign so I did some hosuework . Called Steve around 9 the sun was out here...he was just waking up :P , and it was raining at his place :( . He called around noon, things cleared up some and we agreed to meet at the launch at 12:30. I got there and it looked iffy to me, but if he was game, so was I. He pulled in about 5 minutes after me and got out of the truck and said "I have some good news and some bad news" The good news was that I was going fishing, the bad news was that it wasn't with him...he took a call to go to work while on the way to the launch :wallbash: . He had called his daughter and asked her to take me out instead...she agreed...not sure if that was good or not :whistling:

Finally Cheryl arrived and we headed out. We didn't want to go too far as the weather still seemed pretty iffy to me. Now you have to realize, this young lady has no fear, and loves to jump the waves...for her the bigger the better...then there's me...who doesn't like getting in a car with her driving, and I'm not really that comfortable on the water yet...being a city girl and all :P I get nervous easily. I guess it was lucky for me she was hung over...as it was I was hanging on for dear life :w00t::blush:

We somehow made it to the location Steve and I had planned on...and I fished while she sat soaking up some sun and not feeling well at all :stretcher: . Had a few bites but no takers. Asked Cheryl to move the boat back up and we'd do one more drift...I was sitting at the front of the boat, there were a few decent waves..all of a sudden Cheryl says "look out" before I could even think...I got a bath...from my back down to my shoes...she couldn't stop laughing and told me she gave me warning...sheesh :D

Not much was happening and it was looking darker so I suggested we head in...she was a little kinder on the ride back in. We decided to stop near the launch and try the old docks...again not much happening and I was ready to go. Here are some pics I took anyway.

gallery_46_17_33559.jpg

Psycho boat driver :P

gallery_46_17_10243.jpg

Midland Bay

gallery_46_17_22847.jpg

Family of Geese

gallery_46_17_42843.jpg

A couple of straglers

gallery_46_17_24146.jpg

Maureen

One of these days you are going to make a fishing report with fish Rene...Keep trying...

I got one nice largemouth about 2 1/2 lbs while playing with my Sabiki Rig this morning plus a bunch of the Worlds Greatest Sportsfish, several small smallies, a bull bluegill and a perch.

Glen sez to use live bait with the rig but I just added four Fin-S Minnows and drift-fished away...looked like a small school of minnows...

Sky got dark at 11:00 AM so I headed back in...just as I got to the lagoon I ran out of gas...was able to nurse it over to my dock ok and fill the motor up before the rain...

My 4 hp Merc fills at the top and I get good milage out of a 10 litre jerry can :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Mo...sorry to hear about the slow fishing, but at least you got out there. That first pic looked a bit scary...waters a little rough and looking like the skies could open up at any time!! That coupled with a "psycho" driver made things a little interesting I'm sure!!!!

Maureen, we were going to head out on the bay yesterday morning but the sky looked really dark to the west with a big rainbow beside the dark clouds. We decided to pick up a coffee and stop at the coal dock to assess the situation. The lightning, thunder and rain started so we decided to finish the coffee and call it a day. Man did the bass boats on the bay make a mad dash to get off the water.

Last week we got caught out in the bay with the high winds near Waubaushene and Port McNicol and I can tell you that was definitely no fun. I guess we were a little gun shy this time. At least you did get to wet a line.

Tom