Oakville July 5 in the AM

Did very well today at Oakville. Steady action all morning. Started at 6am and left at Noon. A bit windy at times but fishing was the best so far for me at Oakville.

Ended up 8 for 12. Not bad for 6 hours.

Larges I got in the boat was 23Lbs.

Bunch of smaller ones as well.

Missed tow big ones - one about the same 20+ range and right when I was packing to go home one of the rods, the second one screamed big time....grabbed it but this fish was going for a run....peeled 380' of power pro line, jumped ....and got unhooked.

Oh well it was blood pumping moment at the end of the fishing trip.

Tried meat - nothing.

All fish came on spoons in 80-150 fow.

Down 30' on the rigger with slider and lead core line 6 colors out.

Got the big one and 2 small ones on the lead core and the rest on the rigger. Most on the bottom lure.

Watermelon, blue/white, purple and copper did the damage today.

Seemed like all the bait has moved from 75-80 fow to 90-110 fow. This where most of my action was.

May try again in the next few days.

Here are few cell phone shoots I've managed today.

Image006.jpg

Image004.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

the second one screamed big time....grabbed it but this fish was going for a run....peeled 380' of power pro line, jumped ....and got unhooked.

Wow...that must have been adrenaline pumping for sure!! Great report and pics....some REAL nice sized ones there. The colours were nice too!

gotta love those smokin runs zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.i dont do the down rigger thing,tho i suppose i could,kinda paranoid of taking the 16 foot aluminum on big o.but it all seems like to much work,i prefer my bass and muskie.ill wait till late august and chunk metal for those gorillas when they make thier way in to the piers and river mouths.nice report keep em comin.