Reserve power for Sump Pump

holdfast

If the power goes out sump is useless. I was wondering what would be a good alternative to keep the pump kicking in . Besides a generater would a Battery power pack be any good and for how long. Also what wattage as a minimum. We maybe awaiting a storm and my pump is still working from Sundays storm.

Thanks

You can buy battery back up packages at TSC stores as well as Homer Depo. A great investment if you can't always be there with a generator to monitor things. Great peace of mind. They have a trickle charger for a deep cycle battery to keep things in good shape till needed.

There are pumps available that have 12volt windings as well as 110volt.I have had problems with the small 12 v back up systems not being strong enough to overcome the check valve on some instalations where there is a lot of head pressure.

Joe

I have a secondary pump in my sump basin that runs off municipal water pressure, the float is set 2" higher than my electric pump. It's guaranteed to always work unless someone blows up the water tower in the metropolis of Smithville.