misfish

Simcoe May opener is here

My favorite fish season opened again today. White fish. With the new to me smoker SCREAMING OUT, I could not ignore.

Fish are in Brine of , water,sea salt,soya sauce and lots of pepper. Will smoke Sunday.

98t9f0p.jpg

51 minutes ago, Terry said:

Smoke em

If you got em

Nice going

Oh I got em, and will be .

Missed ya today buddy. Hope to see ya Sunday morning.:Gonefishing:

Started at 5:30 am, floated about, til  10:30 am .

Living at the water, there is no long travel time. Why I moved to Barrie 30+ years ago.:Gonefishing:

Was great whities opener for us as well.

Did quick limit and released plenty more...beauty weather for sure.

20180512_091945_resized.jpg20180512_103610_resized.jpg20180512_151308_resized.jpg

Had great day on Sunday with the Lake O. kings as well...

20180513_071455_resized.jpg20180513_075844_resized.jpg20180513_093109_resized.jpg

So great start of boat season foe us.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Looking for fall smallies? Here's a tip.....

Decided to do a solo mission for a few hours today on a local lake.   Hit up my late August spot and nada, fish had vacated.  Not surprised as that pattern only lasts a few weeks.  So I sat at the console and rode the sonar for a bit.  Edges, rock piles, flats, weeds, nothing too interesting.   I pull up to a spot and I see a few fish swirling.  I'm thinking awesome, maybe that late August pattern is back.   Nope, these bass were eating flying ants I kid you not.  Surface was littered with them

in General Discussion

• Search and recovery here in Haldimand County today.

I heard the 1st yellow Coast Guard helicopter fly by very low about 2PM. The pilot was circling our place continually, not a good sign. I was going to a friends at Featherstone Point on the west shore about 3. There were 5 OPP vehicles and about 30 folks gathered at the cottage of a very close friend that had passed a few years back. His daughter rents it as a vacation property now. When I got to Featherstone there were 3 boats west of the point. Our OPP Zodiac and 2 from our Coast Guard station

in General Discussion

• You can't get here from there

Well you can but it's a trip lol. Couldn't do it without my son for a guide, he does all the heavy stuff (I use to take him fishing, now he takes me )😊. Left my son's place early Sunday morning on our ATVs with all our gear for a 15 km trip, beautiful day light wind, it had rained the night before so trails were nice for riding (not too much dust) .  This is one of countless little back lakes we like to fish, because it's kind of out of the way not many people bother with it.. We usual

in General Discussion

• Lake Simcoe Summer Perch Report Vlog

https://youtu.be/FJ49j9Zb2eo

in Fishing News

• Simcoe whitefish

Anyone getting em these days? Thinking about a trip to Simcoe soon and wonder if any luck with them is going on.

in General Discussion