Elderly neigbours. ya gotta love them.

Old Ironmaker

When I bought my first home my father came over when I was doing the rec room. He wanted to know when the heck I learned all this? I always knew Dad, you just never bothered to ask me for help because you said I was too stupid to do anything beside play sports so I just played stupid.

Good one!! Sweet revenge!! :clapping:

She is the sweetest lady one will ever meet. Soft spoken, would never say poo if she had a mouth full, I have never heard her speak ill about anyone. The summer after her husband passed I spent a week to rebuild her stairs going down to the beach after it got washed away over the winter and she made me a smoothie one day when it was 30C. A pal stopped by to ask me to go fishing with him the next AM, I said I was too busy working for a smoothie, he told me I was insane. He was right. She didn't ask I volunteered, just like everything else I did for her come to think of it. I dunno.

I must be an idiot. Maybe I do these kind things to make up for my not so kind youth. I was bullied until I was about 15 or 16. My father lied about my age and I went to work for a contractor in the steel mills the summer of grade 10 to grade 10, grew 6" and gained a good 40 pounds of muscle. I made a list of all those guys that made my life not so nice, I didn't include the 3 girls I had to run away from school everyday or they would give it to me too. A week never went by when I didn't beat the crap out of someone that was on the "list" and some that most likely didn't have it coming that weren't on the list. We got into fights because we were bored. We would drive out of town knowing a bar room brawl was in the future because we would hit on the country boys dates. The bully became a bully really. So for the past 30 or so years that I wasn't the person I am now I ask that if and when I get a chance to stand before St. Peter I get to tell my side of the story. I ran into one of those girls that terrorized me 25 years latter at a restaurant. I said out loud to my now wife, "That's Rosie Z. the girl that used to beat me up in grade 5." Rosie said "I thought that was you, you were so cute we had to get your attention somehow." Try saying hi instead. We had a laugh over it.

I better write a letter to Dr. Phil. Sorry all, I think the anesthesia and pain meds they gave me yesterday is still working. Time for a nap.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

haha what a great thread

I spent many a winter days shovelling my widow neighbors driveway. My dad still snowblows out her place to this day. She has always been more than thankful though, thats all you can ask for.

my buddy was driving home one day and saw an elderly man struggling to dig out of a big snow dump. he drove to his house grabbed a shovel and headed back...sure enough the next week in the paper there was an article because this man had reached out to the local paper to tell the story of a kind "unknown friend" that came to help him.

I honestly truly believe this...if you want a good gauge on what kind of person you are...put a general call for "help" out to do something...the number of people that show up will tell you just what kind of person you are.

One time when we moved the food and booze was more than hiring a mover, then you have to pay back the favour to boot. You have to crunch the numbers. $200.00 in Chinese food for lunch, plus the case or more of brew, just for lunch and that was in 86'. Make note, no booze for the crew until the move is over. More than a few of the boys had to spend the night and then we started all over the next morning. My former wife wasn't impressed to say the least. Good times you will never forget.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It took 4 days lol

But the boys/girls ate well and slept off beers lol

Deer was on the menu all 4 nights lol

Where did you move to, California? 4 days is a big move. Did you jack up the house and move it too? Did you build that 6 bedroom home?

Edited by Old Ironmaker