Dodging big pike while walleye fishing.

limeyangler

Hi all,

spent an hour after work on one of my favourite rocks in the world catching walleye and almost catching a nice pike.

I don't think I have ever fished this spot without a pike having a go at the walleye you are landing.

Had one go for mine last night a couple of times, ended up sight fishing what must have been a pike that was close to 40".

Hey there Bro. I am happy you don't have a stupid stick (Cigarette)in your hand. I am really surprised those Walleye were still in the area with a big Essox hanging around. If I were alone I might be tempted to toss the hooked Pic in for Mr. Pike, but would never do it, maybe 30 years ago before I knew better.

By the way 8 minutes is a perfect time for a video. I find I don't watch many that are more than 8 to 10 minutes long or fast forward to the last few minutes, just my take. I have to ask. When you find yourself talking to the Puppy for minutes on end do you ever hear him answer you in English or whatever language of the origin country the breed is from? If he does answer they have meds for that. I had a Staffordshire Terrier that had an English accent.

Johnny D

Thanks JD,

Its very tempting to do but would not do it anyway, and even if I did would not be posting a video of it....lol.

Video length is something i'm always conscious of, but sometimes I do longer duration vids for my own sake, simply to have the memories rather than retain an audience. I actually know how long on average people watch my videos from my statistics info on my youtube account, it tells you everything just about, and its not long at all, no more than 2 mins tops, having said that I have a modest following of folks that watch the whole thing seconds after I publish one, which is kinda cool.

Staffs are my favourite dog ever, have always loved them, such a shame the scum crew like them as an accessory they think makes them tough, and treat the poor animals just as badly if not worse than the people around them. They have a reputation they don't deserve, one of the kindest, funloving gentle breeds I know, awesome family dogs.

As for smoking, 3 WEEKS TODAY! Here's my stats for quitting....lol.

[

gallery_625_85_20955.png

Edited by limeyangler

Getting stats for your personal videos must be very helpful and to me amazing. Man when I hit the workplace our computers were the size of a Football stadium and all they were was giant adding machines.

Yes Staffies are my favorite breed too. Ferra was brindle on white with a black eye patch, what a beauty she was. Smarter than the average Bear too. To the minute she would go to the TV every night at 5:30 and whine until I turned it to Wild Kingdom then she would watch the animals for 1/2 an hour, if a Big Cat came on she lost it. During commercials she would go to her dishes and have a snack. Each and every single day if we were home, except weekends. I taped shows on the VHS and she would again go to the TV and let me know she wanted to watch her show on weekends. How scary smart is that? That was mid 80's when the Pit Bull frenzy began. People thought she was a human eating Land Shark Pit Bull. Idiots. I miss her so much I never did get another Puppy. Maybe now that I'm home everyday, who knows. He or she can take me for a walkie.

Keep them vids coming mate.

• 2 weeks later...