After Work Fish

jimmer

A buddy and I got out after work yesterday for two hours. We targeted bass, but wanted to make it easy and avoided any thick weed areas. I think the bass felt the same way! We probably boated 15-20 bass in those two hours. My buddy caught all his on a white twister with the largest topping 3 lbs. I stuck with senkos and flukes, but didn't catch as many as him. The bite died at about 7 pm, but we kept working the area and were about to go in. I figured one last cast and low and behold I had that one last bite. It turned out to be a 5 lb smallie (weighed on a digital scale), largest bass of the year for me. It was a nice way to finish off a great evening of fishing. I guess there is something to that fall feed bag story. Catch them while you can!

smallie.jpg

A buddy and I got out after work yesterday for two hours. We targeted bass, but wanted to make it easy and avoided any thick weed areas. I think the bass felt the same way! We probably boated 15-20 bass in those two hours. My buddy caught all his on a white twister with the largest topping 3 lbs. I stuck with senkos and flukes, but didn't catch as many as him. The bite died at about 7 pm, but we kept working the area and were about to go in. I figured one last cast and low and behold I had that one last bite. It turned out to be a 5 lb smallie (weighed on a digital scale), largest bass of the year for me. It was a nice way to finish off a great evening of fishing. I guess there is something to that fall feed bag story. Catch them while you can!

Love it! After work fishing is the best. used to love heading out after a night shift with the pup from shore or in the boat. Headed out tomorrow for some bass and walleye, hoping we can get as many bass as you. Thanks for sharing.