Gas prices

ketchenany

Isn't that the truth, I am trying believe me. I buy Rez cigarettes now because they are so bad I don't inhale them believe it or not. I was tested for I.Q. a few times and was told I tested a tad higher than a average person. Stupidity is passed down n the ene pool, so stupidity isn't one fault, however a person with a semblance of intelligence that does stupid things is just plain ignorant.

I have read in our weekly rag of a few people pulled over on Hwy. 6 for a traffic stop and Rez. smokes were in plain site. They were charged. I have never heard of charges for getting gas. I saw an OPP cruiser filling up on the New Credit Reserve in Hagersville about 20 years back.

That's weird, perfectly legal to buy rez smokes here.

But for gas you need a gas card issued by the federal government to get the discount

That's weird, perfectly legal to buy rez smokes here.

But for gas you need a gas card issued by the federal government to get the discount

On Six Nations, you still need a gas card to get the full tax break but they also sell gas perfectly legally to 'non-natives' with only partial taxes. I'm not sure which one they're not charging now, there are so many to choose from but I think it's one of the federal taxes. The fuel isn't coloured and you save around 10-13 cents/litre typically. The pumps even have different buttons for 'Native' & 'Non-Native' prices.

As far as the smokes go, you can buy them but technically you're not supposed to take them off the territory since the federal excise tax isn't paid. The yellow band on the overwrap shows whether the tax is paid or not and if it's not there, they have been ticketing some people.

Edited by G.mech

As long as gas is under $1.50 I am happy. Im sure there are good reasons for it to yo-yo

No Glen NO, you sound like the "typical Canadian." Oh well, can't do anything about it, they must have a good reason to do whatever they do. We Canucks could use a bit of American rebel in us. Canadian rebel is an oxymoron.

If I remember correctly wondered if fuel prices would get back to pre storm prices. It was $1.07 before the Hurricanes and now a buck 20 is good? I don't think so. We are the most gullible citizens in the free World which ain't so free.

Ah I see. Our smokes do have the tax paid.

As for gas it's no cheaper than anywhere else unless you have a gas card.

I'm paying $1.01 right now with the card

Rick,me thinks if those smokes up there had taxes paid it would have a stamp on each pack and they would be the same price of off the Rez. They don't have excise tax stamps on them here. Your Rez cigarettes are made right here in Haldimand. The factory is cleaner than the local Hospital and is larger. It also employs many local folks, First Nations and those from other nations. The employee payroll is as diverse as the U.N.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

They don't sell cigs anywhere off the rez.

And they have quotas. They can only sell so much per year. Try getting smokes in December, impossible unless you go to couch which has a way higher volume allowed for sale

Here in RRFN you better buy a carton because they might be sold out tomorrow