Gas prices

ketchenany

I think the real question here should be how long will it take for the prices to go back down to where they should be? I look forward to the litany of piss poor excuses government and industry will spew, keeping prices high well after production in the gulf coast area is back to normal.

HH

Went from 1.02 to 1.09 on Tuesday, then up to 118.9 overnight in Orillia, except for the one station I found still had 108.9 at around 10:30 this morning. Yesterday was the first time I heard on the radio how Harvey "may" influence prices here, and sure enough...

Michael

The whole thing is a scam. Hurricane Harvey has nothing to do with the cost of gas that has already been refined and sitting in storage tanks.

100%!!!! My buddy works for a gas company and warned me yesterday of the cost going up by 20cents

Wht do Canadians have to repeatedly pay for American problems? Simple. THe oil companies closed up most of the Canadian refineries. We have to ship our oil to the staes so they can refine it for us and charge whatever they want. Thank you Mssrs Mulroney and Reagan for NAFTA.

Newsworld or Newsnet was just talking about this very topic Bigugli.

the guest (an MP) explained that while we do have refineries here, there's really no competition between them since there are few compared to the Gulf,so the prices are what they are. He didn't call it collusion or price fixing but I would. and pump prices go up faster than the states as well because of this.

The billions we 'give away' should STOP and build our own infrastructure and not depend on others.

Why send oil south and only to buy it back! WE give away electricity and get gouged by our own utilities!

In situations like this they should cut some of the taxes we pay and help us out.

NOT Happening anytime soon, our government will reel in the cash. So sad.

NO disrespect for our southern neighbours?

When gas prices go up gas prices go up. What I mean to say is that all those 18 wheelers chugging up and down our local 80K highway going to and coming from the Nanticoke refinery have increases to their costs to transport our Canadian refined fuel. The long arm of world oil prices has a domino effect. It's not fake or false news. I have to note most of the trucks carrying the juice are northern US state trucking companies.

What is false?

1) Are you claiming that oil doesn't come from or get refined in Texas?

2) Or, are you claiming that reducing supply does not affect supply & demand?

#2 sir

It would be true if we didn't have HUGE surpluses of gas/oil worldwide

Once you work with the consultants you'll hear all about how OPEC operates.

It's called financial conditioning in the oil industry