Septic Question Please. NF

captpierre

When you are talking about septic systems and building on a property it's all about permits. We need a stinking permit here to change a toilet that is 100 bucks. Need to put in a temporary foam ring, remove the toilet for inspection and reinstall said toilet with a wax ring.

They can take a Good Poop before I buy any permits for ANYTHING....... :whistling:

They can take a Good Poop before I buy any permits for ANYTHING....... :whistling:

Bought here in '83, the neighbours on both sides and over the back fence are the same people that were here 34 years ago , permits are pretty much issued here for minor stuff with a discussion over the fence :whistling:

I have no beef, but I think the best answer to the question was given in #22 by bigbuck

Why didn't you tell us earlier before we all wasted our time skick?

The problem with that Mr.G is this. The county is submitted a brief legal description of your property at the time of sale by your lawyer each buyer agrees to, ome of those 10 pages we don't read. When the paperwork is submitted to the county/city/town for a sale a brief legal description is then given. i.e. the property was sold in 84 and it was filed as a 1 story single family dwelling on a lot ABC with a single garage, including an out building of XYZ and 3 bedrooms and 1 bath, etc. etc. You don't get any permits since you bought and the legal description drastically changes, a 2 story 2 family home with a deck with egress of X feet by Y feet, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths 3 outbuildings and an in ground pool and a hot tub, 200 amp service etc. etc. etc. Guess who is going to explain themselves to the county? You. It's starting to happen around here. They wll get their coin no matter what, believe me. A neighbour had to do a lot of explaining to do last year, the deal fell through. Now he has a choice, put it back the way it was or go through a Nightmare getting it all inspected after the fact and beg forgiveness after paying fines up the yinga yanga.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thanks everyone for your input.

I've been asking others and a local contractor about this spiral septic system and nobody has heard of one.

I have heard that all counties will be inspecting all septics soon.

If I put a shed on it I'll likely be in trouble.

Might have to set up a tent instead ?

All counties wont be inspecting septic systems. Its just not possible. What are they going to do, dig them up?? They can't even enforce their own by laws now.

If it was me, and its not, I'd already have it built without a second thought. I'd be more concerned about my neighbors than the township. They are the ones who will make the complaint.

I know this is probably bad advice, but it is what I would do without question.

S.

Edited by Sinker

All counties wont be inspecting septic systems. Its just not possible. What are they going to do, dig them up?? They can't even enforce their own by laws now.

If it was me, and its not, I'd already have it built without a second thought. I'd be more concerned about my neighbors than the township. They are the ones who will make the complaint.

I know this is probably bad advice, but it is what I would do without question.

S.

I'm in Trent Lakes township.

I've heard it from several sources that inspections are coming and probably waterfront septics first.

Neighbors are fine with the shed where planned.