Minnkota Terrova Life expectancy

RickOnt

As the title states.

I have a 24 volt 80 lbs thrust Terrova How many years do you think it will last?

Mounted on an aluminum 17.5" hull with full windshield. Always run on fully charged batteries

If that makes any difference.

Any preventive maintenance you would recommend?

Thanks

Rick

I just 'upgraded' my old Terrova to the Ulterra. I have kept the Terrova just in case the new one is junk. My Terrova got beat to hell and back over 9 years of travelling rough logging roads and apart from cosmetic wear and tear performs just as good as it did out of the box, seriously good trolling motors. Check the prop for fishing line is all I ever did. Get the i-Pilot for it too?

I bought a 2009 Starcraft recently, and it came with a 2010 terrova on it. It works great. Now I don't know how much the previous owner used it, but it goes down every time I'm out. Between my last 3 trips it has about 21 hours continuos run time, and 6 hours of trolling or using it as auto pilot is about average for me every time out. Last trip was 6 hours autopilot and another 3 on spot lock below the dunville dam. Batteries where about pooched but it didn't die on me. If it will break I will break it, but I don't anticipate problems, I wouldn't worry about it!

Edited by porkpie

Thanks guys

My Terrova is in its 6th year with lots of use and zero issues. I like the break it when its broke theory, but I sure would miss it if it was out of commission.

I use it damn near as much as a fishing rod But I have lots of back up there!

Cheers

Rick