Boat/marine carpet

Crazy Ivan

I just called a couple places looking for the same thing yesterday.

Brewers' Marine Supply in hamilton said they have some and multiple colours however I was told by that the cost was $12/sq. Then you have to buy the adhesive on top of that. Then I called Alexanian's they said they have "waterproof" carpet for $5/sq. Haven't found anymore places yet.

I re did my Lowe FM 165 a few years ago and I got mine through JT'S Top Shop in Midland. They had a good selection and sent me out a couple of different swatches to choose from ahead of time. Then they shipped out the product I chose within 2 days. The carpet I chose wasn't cheap....$23.95 a running yard at 6' width but it turned out excellent. I ended up needing 10 yards to do my Lowe. Looks like it came from factory. I found them excellent to deal with and am very pleased with the quality of their product. I don't believe they have a website but you can call them and ask them for info. 1-705-527-6363.

I re did my Lowe FM 165 a few years ago and I got mine through JT'S Top Shop in Midland. They had a good selection and sent me out a couple of different swatches to choose from ahead of time. Then they shipped out the product I chose within 2 days. The carpet I chose wasn't cheap....$23.95 a running yard at 6' width but it turned out excellent. I ended up needing 10 yards to do my Lowe. Looks like it came from factory. I found them excellent to deal with and am very pleased with the quality of their product. I don't believe they have a website but you can call them and ask them for info. 1-705-527-6363.

That's really expensive. Basscat carpet is considered one of the best, if not the best, boat carpets on the market and they sell their 24oz carpet for $11 USD in the 72" width. At 10 yards that's about $150 CDN plus shipping. When it's time to recarpet my Ranger, it's getting Basscat carpet.

By the way, you really need to know what weight of carpet you want. Find out what is was from the factory because if you buy too thick a carpet, you'll have problems closing locker lids. Ie 16oz vs 20oz vs 24oz vs 28oz etc...

I just called a couple places looking for the same thing yesterday.

Brewers' Marine Supply in hamilton said they have some and multiple colours however I was told by that the cost was $12/sq. Then you have to buy the adhesive on top of that. Then I called Alexanian's they said they have "waterproof" carpet for $5/sq. Haven't found anymore places yet.

I think there may have been a misunderstanding...I bought some from them recently and it was $12 per running foot for 6 foot wide carpet ($2 sq.ft). It is pontoon carpet and it looked very nice when it was all done.