Will Belle River be fishable

Rizzo

25 k north today, 40 k north tomorrow...and then 35 k south on Thursday. Thursday is the day I plan to go...so can tolerate that wind. But I wonder if the visibility will be a whopping zero after these big winds from the north. Stained water great...but the chocolate milk I am not a fan of. Would the two days of north wind make it look brown like the Thames out there? Cuz if I want to fish water like that I will drive a shorter distance and do Thames!

I went out yesterday (Saturday) morning and fished the DR. Worst morning of the year. I fished hard for 4 hours, jigging casting, using different colours, nothing. Did not see one fish caught between every boat out there. Bait everything. Water dirty, about 10" of visibility. Super frustrating. Im heading out for an evening bite today to try and switch things up, but it does not look promising.

That has been my story too typically this year Rizzo.

But that's musky fishing - and unless you can be on the water 4 days a week it's gonna happen.

Musky fishing sure teaches humility - some years or months it seems so easy and if you are not careful you can start taking yourself too seriously. I have never seen a fish that is so hot or cold. When they are on they can be downright easy to catch because they are so aggressive. When they are off, like most days I've been out this year, they are impossible.

I'm jealous of PBenson - if it's no good I could be home for lunch. Instead I stubbornly stick it out for 10 hours to justify the drive. However, we have caught most of our fifties on those impossible days so who knows.