Lowrance Mark-4 info

GBW

Hey all.

Well I decided to grab a "newer" unit than the 'bird' 525 for the boat and picked up a demo unit on the Mark-4 for $100 + tax. It doesn't have the Nav chip (prob got stolen hence the price drop as I was listed @ $379 then $189). This unit was never even powered up from the looks of it... I'm not too worried about the chip missing as the lake isn't on the maps and I have the Nav app on my phone. BUT for those that own these units what are your thoughts?

with out going out to look I think thats the same lil unit I use....It has all the things you need Water depth temp and speed aswell as volts.

I have a real tough time trying to distinguish fish on the screen.

And your right your lake isn't on my chip anyway but i have some sweet spots marked to go back to :Gonefishing:

And your right your lake isn't on my chip anyway but i have some sweet spots marked to go back to :Gonefishing:

True and yeah just don't park out front my spot and we are good, HAHAHAHA

Whats missing?

The bracket for the transducer and there is two inputs on the back of the unit and only thing in the box was the transducer unit to plug in. The power runs off that same line. So the chip and not sure if the speed/temp sensor should have been in there too...

True and yeah just don't park out front my spot and we are good, HAHAHAHA

The bracket for the transducer and there is two inputs on the back of the unit and only thing in the box was the transducer unit to plug in. The power runs off that same line. So the chip and not sure if the speed/temp sensor should have been in there too...

You only need the one plug in the back it is trans/power

well I got the missing bracket and hardware but no chip at the price I paid. It's okay as my parents lake isn't on the chip and or the app I have on my cell. I kept the unit and made it ready for the ice and or a buddies tinny...

14519868_10154369442351253_1742345967639633017_n.jpg

Edited by GBW

Where does the chip go G?

Are you sure a chip, came with that model?

i dont think that model comes with a chip

but thr slot should be on the bottom of the head

This unit was to come with a chip and Terry was right that it's a micro SD card slot at the bottom. I have the APP on my cell so it's fine. I just need to learn how to use it and hope I can mark spots when there is no chip...