Looking for a Musky charter and accomodations on Lake St. Clair

Old Ironmaker

I need to catch a fish, and what better than to catch a Musky. There was a Musky guy that chartered on LSC that was a member here that went by the name of Handlebarz, He was very active here but I haven't seen him here for quite some time. Anyone have a contact # because he would be my first choice if he still does it. We would go out on a charter then spend a few days on our own. I have never set foot on that lake fishing.

The second thing would be a cottage with water access or a motel close to a ramp recommended. A slip at the cottage would be best.

We are talking the end of Sept into Oct. My God Daughters wedding is Sept 17th and my fishing buddy is my Compare. Her wedding gift is a 40 year old home Dom and Mary bought for them in Hammertown in May and he and I (plus a few dozen guys that owed him) did a complete gut and remodel, more he than I. We all chipped in. All top notch materials. I told him if there is life after death I want to come back as his grand child.

Please any recommendations.

Mike does casting guides, if you're into trolling I went with rampage fishing 2 years back and we got into 8 or 9 for the day, he considers that slow.

We just stayed at the comfort inn or whatever it was, about 15 mins from the marina

Yupp there are dozens of good musky charters out there, most have it dialed in.

Pond predator surely catches alot of fish...

Kyle Moxon guide service sure has been posting a lot of brutes on there facebook page...another young guy just starting out but seems to find alot of 50"++ class fish...

Can-am, Rampage, Drifter 2...they all know what they are doing

I would go with Rampage or Drifter as they are experienced trollers. Berman mostly casts and Mocin is a new young guide but seems to do well. Drifter and Rampage launch out of Lighthouse Cove. There is a really nice cottage u can rent there too near the ramp and corner store/LCBO. They list on Kijiiji. we often stay at the petite Dragon motel right by the Belle River ramp.

If you wait a few weeks longer, you won't need a guide to catch fish. They come to you at the river mouth. You can troll the Thames River and catch fish without going out on the big lake. Or, you can join the fun and combat fish the river mouth with the pier chuckers and the rest of us wingnuts out there!