Restoule, Grundy, Mikisew

Korber

Hello all,

I was hoping I could get some info about the 3 above mentioned provincial parks. I am going for a week in the beginning of August and I am mainly focused on fishing, but I know my wife would like to do some hiking. I have a 14' alum boat with a 20 horse, I would like to fishing for Pike, Muskie, Pickerel and bass most of all. Pike and Pickerel for the eating. Crappie would be nice to get too but that's just getting picky.

Thanks in advanced.

Restoule is a great spot, as you have access to 3 different lakes all within the park. Great LM/SM/Pike fishing in all 3 lakes and I believe there's decent Walleye in the main "Restoule Lake" as well but I've never targeted them.

Thanks Stoty, I did like Restoule for the 3 lake reason as well, some online research told me similar things but I was hesitant on what I heard. Is it true that I can access each lake with the access river?

Thanks as well Steve, I didn't know Grundy doesn't allow outboards, that's very odd for a northern lake. I have a 55 LBS trolling motor as well but I'd rather not rely on that as my main transportation. I enjoy fishing for Bass the most, most of my tackle is setup for bass fishing. How busy is Mikisew?

From what I remember that river is more like a creek at some points so I'm not sure if you cant get through there with a boat.

The main launch into Restoule lake is located inside the "camping area" of the park where as the launch for the other two lakes (they're joined together) is out by the main entrance down a side road. Only about 5 mins from the "camping area" though. Both launches are great, I've had no issues at all with either.

Bass/Pike fishing in all 3 lakes has been great for me. Lots of numbers and some pretty decent sized ones as well. Tons of Pike in all lakes, so be prepared to lose some baits if you don't use a wire leader.

Watch the shoals in Eagle Lake (mikisew PP) many a prop got banged there :D

I fished it since I was Knee high to a Grasshopper you can catch SM bass all day long in the 10-14" range for the big brutes you need specific spots. My biggest is 5.1LBS my cousins is 6.3 LBS 40 years ago I'd walk up from the beach with a stringer of 4LB+ Smallies and yes we ate them all :D love that lake and Park but watch the shoals they can hit you quick

Lovers bay used to put out some nice whitefish and ling again specific spots

Forgot a bout the jumbo perch many feeds of them easy to catch too same thing just need to know where :D

PM me for a couple honey holes for bass and perch

Edited by Rodbender

I have been going to restoule since 1988,great park,good walleye,bass,pike and musky fishing. There is no way you can get from restoule to stormy using the river in a boat during summer,unless you want to leave motor and bottom of your boat in the river trying. If you want more info on the park and fishing in the lakes just pm me and ask away.

Mikisew only been once,park is okay fishing was good for bass.

Grundy, been several times over the years it is not what I consider to be a good place to camp if fishing is very important. No motors allowed on the lakes,have only caught bass and hammerhandle pike . I have heard there is walleye but I have never seen one caught by anyone. Nice park with some great water to explore,good trails,but very popular and busy.

As about 12 year old, we camped at Restoule for a week back in about 62, caught my first pickeral there. All I remember was a pack of boats would anchor on a shoal in front of a bare rock on the south shore quite a ways down the lake every evening and everyone caught fish , live bait was the rule. Couple years later , my Scout Troop camped at Grundy for a week, not sure which lake the group campground was on but we'd got the occasional pickeral from shore, we didn't have any boats .