Cormorant status. Bill 205 2nd reading

kickingfrog

Are the facts stated in the star article true? I guess I have to do some impartial research , before I jump on the kill them all bandwagon.

I would say no. Here is a quote from the article: "Studies show that less than two per cent of a cormorant’s diet consists of sport fish, such as lake trout or salmon. And less than one per cent of a cormorant’s diet is made up of the fish that sport fish eat."

What fish are neither sport fish, nor something that a sport fish eats? I think that statement is a load of crap.

I would say no. Here is a quote from the article: "Studies show that less than two per cent of a cormorants diet consists of sport fish, such as lake trout or salmon. And less than one per cent of a cormorants diet is made up of the fish that sport fish eat."

What fish are neither sport fish, nor something that a sport fish eats? I think that statement is a load of crap.

I agree.

I have seen them in the kawarthas smashing panfish, walleye, bass, and pike. Get a flock of 100 or so moving across a shallow bay and they dont leave much behind.

S.