It's a small world. NF

A week ago I'm online on a US based boating forum that has members from Moscow Russia to Sao Paulo Brazil and everywhere in between. Something like 10,000 members on this site. A guy posts a thread looking for help getting started restoring a 1970 16 foot Glastron from bottom up. I'm reading and he tells the forum he lives in the closest town from us, Fisherville On. Maybe 200 pop not including livestock. 1 four way stop. He posts a pic of the boat and I recognize his house. I drive by tonight and there's someone cutting the lawn. I stop to introduce myself and he's my Insurance guy. He's been to my place a few times. I shouldn't have told him where I lived before I stopped by, that would have been a good one. "Hey buddy I'm Old Ironmaker from iboats.com and hear you needed some help."

Small World indeed.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

No he was cutting the grass and I had to pack for my trip up to Parry Sound this AM. We did talk for a while and went over the boat. He bought the boat for 300 bucks and the trailer is in mint condition with new tires. I will help him with it this fall and winter. He doesn't plan on getting wet this year. Like everything about boating and fishing you do something or buy it when it's in the budget.

Aren't we a cute pair! I was on my way to a gold mine job in Rick's area so, of course I have to give him a ring. It wasn't 30 minutes after I arrived in the town of Emo Rick & I greet each other then talk about the local hot fishing spots of course, then I was on my way to the New Gold mine project. I'm working in a camp setting 14 on then 7 off. I warned Rick I'll be knocking on his door about June 2. It is a small world!

Love to see you young guys hooking up and building friendships many of which will last a lifetime!

For sure!

Funny thing was I had literally just got off the water. And I get his txt im in emo!

We had talked a few days prior I thougjt he was arriving friday or saturday, so I was like dood,im 2 minutes away lol. Lets meet up before ya check into work.

I hope ya stick around so we get some good fishin in on days off!