CARP FISHING 2016

PUMP KNOWS

Here's my first carp of the year...

13221600_1718174191795997_18199100593767

Caught using a boilie with a fake imitation corn on a hair rig.

Feel free to post your carp pics here.

Like the dog poking it's nose in there...good going!

I caught the laziest carp ever last week. It was a fair size, about 30" and probably 12lbs, and didn't go for a single run. Just some lazy meandering and half assed swimming around. I was wondering if they've started spawning and it was tired? Or if it was an unhealthy fish? All the other carps I've caught in the same spot have been brawlers.

I caught the laziest carp ever last week. It was a fair size, about 30" and probably 12lbs, and didn't go for a single run. Just some lazy meandering and half assed swimming around. I was wondering if they've started spawning and it was tired? Or if it was an unhealthy fish? All the other carps I've caught in the same spot have been brawlers.

Carp usually spawn shallow marshy areas around Oshawa last two weeks of June or so...

Maybe the water was still too cold?

Nice catch Dutch.

Thanks, but that was my Bro-in-law. I was not so lucky - at that spot. We moved spots and I had walleye for breakfast the next day, so all's well that ends well!

Edited by Dutch01

Did my first carp trip of the year yesterday. Was slower than what I'm used to for this time of year but got into some nice fish. Ended the day by taking a selfie.LOL

Special camera for that effect? Or is it an attachment/selfie stick for any camera? Amazing photo!

Special camera for that effect? Or is it an attachment/selfie stick for any camera? Amazing photo!

For most of my underwater photography, I use a Canon 7D DSLR + Canon 8-15mm f/4L fish-eye lens in an underwater housing. In this case, I was just holding the camera housing in my left hand and holding the fish with my right. I also used a pistol shutter attachment to make pressing the shutter button easier. Here's a pic of my housing (without the pistol attachment).

IMG_5283a_zps301ba8b1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey pump, been watching you on instagram, loving the fly carp vids...and was that a bowfin you caught there on your last one?

what kinda flys are you tossin for them. I found a local carp pond out here in BC and am considering giving err a go.

I just sight fish for them. I try to present the fly close to their faces and see how they react.

You can tell if they're interested when the fins are wiggling.

Always wanted to fly fish them, haven't got around to it yet. I usually fish them in the pin.