Moving Nightmares

dsn

Ahhh finally back on OFC. :clapping: I didn't know moving can be such a headache and funny too. During the last week of may and into June I was relocating. I decided to leave all my things behind except my fishing gear. Bought all new furniture. And even called ahead to transfer my internet service to my new location and decided to set up a new account with Bell. Did some of my address changes online, plastic cards etc...

Thinking ok.. things are easier with the net. I even had the keys to the new apartment.

Ok so the furniture is supposed to arrive Thursday the lastest. And Bell supposed to be here Friday day after. And all my address changes are done Yeppie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday arrives...no furniture. We called the place and they said the manufacturer won't have the stuff ready til Saturday. So ok we wait.

Saturday arrives. We get a call that the furniture is on it way. And that there is a problem. :dunno: So we dared to ask. We were told that the order was missing a single seat couch. And that it was somewhere on the 401. Because someone forgot to close the truck latch properly. :unsure: So we are missing a couch now. Any come across a couch? Or ran into one? :unsure:

Monday the Bell guy shows up. And needs to get into a room where all the wiring is for the apartments. But the landlord and the guy from Bell both don't have the keys to that room. One says the other is supposed to have it. The other says they are supposed to have their own set. A week and half goes by and they are still arguing. I called Bell few days later to see whats happening. They said they won't come til my landlord calls them and tells them he's changed all the old locks to every room so that Bell can get access them.

Some of my credit cards that I changed the address to, has been suspended cause I changed it online. And they didn't trust the person on the other end. (me) :dunno: Why do they have that feature to change addresses on thier website when they don't even trust it. I had to show up and show ID to each address change I did online. Oh what a pain. Some websites didn't have that feature and I called them by phone. It went smoothly. I never do that online ever again. :oops:

Here's part of the couch set we got. We are still waiting for the miss peice.

missingcouch.jpg

And before we moved in We found a pigeon nest with 2 eggs. I have been taking pictures of them as they grew after they hatched. It's amaging how fast they grow and change each day.

pigeon.jpg

I thought the scenery was awesome at night just outside my window so took some night shots with a very slow shutter speed.

picture017.jpg

picture020.jpg

I thought I'd try the streak effect. Turned out nicely with the car lights.

But I tell yah I can't sleep with so much traffic going by. Not to mention an

all night transit system stop in front.

picture024.jpg

Can't wait to get back into fishing soon I hope. Even tho Im still waiting for

somethings I haven't recieved yet. :blush:

dsn

Haven't seen you on MSN in ages...I thought you pulled a Forest Gump and took up Shrimping or marathon running or hopped on a plane to some distant tropical island to promote Christianity.

Saturday arrives. We get a call that the furniture is on it way. And that there is a problem. :dunno: So we dared to ask. We were told that the order was missing a single seat couch. And that it was somewhere on the 401. Because someone forgot to close the truck latch properly. :unsure: So we are missing a couch now. Any come across a couch? Or ran into one? :unsure:

I came across it, and it's now mine! All mine! I'm actually sitting on it as I type this reply.

And before we moved in We found a pigeon nest with 2 eggs. I have been taking pictures of them as they grew after they hatched. It's amaging how fast they grow and change each day.

pigeon.jpg

Are you fattening them up so you can pull a Colonel Sanders extra-Crispy on them? You do realize it is cheaper to buy take-out than to grow your own food right?

Now that you've moved, all those fish at the local swims can now live in peace...Except for when I fish for them :thumbsup_anim:

Wow...dont you just love moving!!! I've had a few disasters in my day (moving 11 times in 13 year), but I wont bring any of them up here....LOL. Sorry to hear about all your problems!!!! You are right though....you should just go out and fish.

As far as the traffic is concerned, there was a house I lived at in London Ontario (while attending school)...my window was literally 30 feet from Richmond Street (major north/south road) and the traffic noise was horrible! It only took about 2 weeks before I was completely used to it and it never kept me awake again. Funny thing is that whenever I came home for a visit...the quiet kept me awake...LOL.

:thumbsup_anim: Nice to hear you have now settled in (minus one couch - actually there is a couch in MJL's bedroom :whistling: ). I guess pretty soon we'll be hearing about your daily fishing expeditions again. We missed that but CCMT filled in the gap nicely. It's amazing how we look forward to reading certain posts daily. Maybe we need a webcam of the growing chicks.

Did you ever resolve the problem with running the phone line into the bedroom for your computer? I was hoping to meet you over at the islands in early May but MJL said that since the City auctioned off your bike for big bucks you are just sticking to the west end.

:thumbsup_anim: Nice to hear you have now settled in (minus one couch - actually there is a couch in MJL's bedroom :whistling: ). I guess pretty soon we'll be hearing about your daily fishing expeditions again. We missed that but CCMT filled in the gap nicely. It's amazing how we look forward to reading certain posts daily. Maybe we need a webcam of the growing chicks.

Did you ever resolve the problem with running the phone line into the bedroom for your computer? I was hoping to meet you over at the islands in early May but MJL said that since the City auctioned off your bike for big bucks you are just sticking to the west end.

Wow everyone seems to know about my bike too. LOL

As for a report on fishing here it comes.....

dsn

Are you fattening them up so you can pull a Colonel Sanders extra-Crispy on them? You do realize it is cheaper to buy take-out than to grow your own food right?

I rather grow my own food these days everything seems to be genetically engineered

Never know what will grow out or in you with all this chemical stuff.

:whistling:

I think someone else hired the same guys, heard on the traffic report last night around 7 heading home that hwy 400 up north somewhere had a slowdown due to couch parts on the road, maybe yours just jumped from the truck and is trying to get up to some good fishing holes :)

Have you ever seen this couch with your own eyes, sounds like a story to me, furniture stores make real estate look like angels.

A few years ago mother bought a couch set, after something like 6 months refusing to refund her money I went to the store with her. After the same song and dance they had her into tears and that was it for me , I backed the truck up to the front door and told her to pick out anything she wanted, loaded it up and took it home. Store was full of customers so what are they going to do, sure aint calling the cops.