Looking to pay someone/place to reassemble my lower unit.

Smokercrafty

Hey guys, before the softwater season gets rolling, I'm looking for someone or someplace to reassemble the lower unit of my 30HP Johnson. I have all the parts, seals, gears ready to go. The housing and all parts are cleaned and ready to reinstall.

If there's anyone on here competent enough, or can refer me to a place that rebuilds these puppies, I really wanna get my spare motor back together this season.

Thanks for any input....

The marinas are probably all booked right now for at least through May. Too far for you to come this way I'm sure. I know the East Lake, or is it west, Hospital is just under 3 hours from us one way. You would have to leave it for a few days as we are swamped here too getting our boats ready. In January, Feb. no problem, spring is the worse time to get marine work done, sorry.

Too bad our towns were not closer, Drifter could fix it,,,he is a brain with feet :tease: , he just fixed my auger, amoungst other things

This definitely isn't looking good.... Thank god the current motor hanging on the back of the boat is OK.

Damnit..... :wallbash:

I may just have to learn this reassembly gig via you tube......

Edited by Smokercrafty

It's not Rocket Science Smokey. A socket wrench and the right parts and 3M 5200 sealant and you are good to go. If I can do it anyone can. You Tube is actually a good resource. While you have the bottom end apart change the impellor. A great resource also is iboats.com. Ask the question there and you will get answers on a DIY for your specific engine. I am Old Ironmaker there too.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

If you can wait a few months we can do it. My sis-in-law lives in New Market and I'm sure she is coming down to the lake for a visit soon. You would need to pick it up and go for some monster Walleye or Smallies here with me while your at it, by the time we limit out the boys should have it all done. I don't know how that's going to play out since it's only our hobby here. I don't know how that's going to play out!

Hey guys, before the softwater season gets rolling, I'm looking for someone or someplace to reassemble the lower unit of my 30HP Johnson. I have all the parts, seals, gears ready to go. The housing and all parts are cleaned and ready to reinstall.

If there's anyone on here competent enough, or can refer me to a place that rebuilds these puppies, I really wanna get my spare motor back together this season.

Thanks for any input....

http://www.centraloutboard.ca/

This place worked on old Johnson and Chrysler i had.

They fixed them up and i didn't feel ripped off.

Might be worth giving them a call.

Those are both reputable marinas that I've heard of. I've dealt with Kim, down at Central Outboard. I felt he was honest and I didn't get hosed. I'll shoot them both a call for pricing. Or I just may set all this stuff up in my basement, and go at it. The only thing I'm concerned with is that I've heard gear backlash needs to be checked. And is it specs I need to know, or just make sure their mating properly...... Sigh....

There's a guy who posted an add on Kijiji and is in the Oshawa area who works on Johnson's and Evinrude's.. look up his add. I called him regarding some info on my 30hp Johnson and he texted me back all the info I needed... Unfortunately I sold it and bought a 30 Yamaha... He seems like a nice guy...

Paul at Top Gun Marine in Bradford is awesome if he as the time... I've sent a few friends his way and they were pleased with his work and prices..