Blast from the past pic

chris.brock

Although not nearly as cool, seeing Mike and Dave's retro pics, I thought I'd throw this up. Yeah, I have some free time right now.

Working as a summer student for the DFO on an electrofishing boat, we got this in Hamilton Harbour. The current angling record was 36 lbs and this bottomed out an old 50 lbs spring scale.

Crappy picture and it's the only one I have.

100_2997_zps379938cf.jpg

Although not nearly as cool, seeing Mike and Dave's retro pics, I thought I'd throw this up. Yeah, I have some free time right now.

Working as a summer student for the DFO on an electrofishing boat, we got this in Hamilton Harbour. The current angling record was 36 lbs and this bottomed out an old 50 lbs spring scale.

Crappy picture and it's the only one I have.

100_2997_zps379938cf.jpg

Somewhere I have a pic of a giant carp I caught while fishing @ the Lakeview Generating station in the 80's.

I caught it on my 16' steelhead rod and 4# test Ande. Had I kept it and filled in the proper paper work it would have been the all tackle world record at just over 55#'s.

There used to be huge pigs at Ontario Placer back in the 70's. I was a cook back when HMCS Haida was a cadet training facility. You should have seen the size of the carp rising to eat the leftover toast every morning. We caught a couple of 4 footers on bread balls hanging off the ship's side when we dumped the toast.