Yamaha Grizzly 700 question

icefisherman

Was doing few things around the Grizzly today and at one point had to do some work under the plastic cover at the front where the battery is....noticed a black tube (see picture) with loose end not connected to anything. Not sure if I disconnected it by mistake, or it was like that before me opening the cover.

Any idea where the end has to connect to? Or does it stay unplugged? What is the purpose of this tube?

Hope Grizzly owners have seen the tube and know what to do with it.

20160124_160746_resized_zpsie53g4gy.jpg

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Have a Polaris but have a similar tube, vent tube

Look at the inside opening, if it were attached to something u should see some kind of molding impression on what it fit over if not gas er up and giver,,,,oh ya congrats on your milestone posting,,,a thousand young :canadian:

Edited by mr blizzard

Didn't smell like anything, didn't have sign of been connected to anything so I just left it alone in there and closed the plastic cover.

Wormdunker,

Love the Grizzly. Still learning it as you can tell. Finishing installing various ice fishing accessories, etc.

Can't wait to put it to the first real ice fishing test.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

drive it like u stole it u will be fine but it does not hurt to ask questions, thats how we all continue to learn

God only knows I have learned so much from the members of this board. I have had a polaris atv that we bought from a farmer just outside of tobermory , and i am still noticing new things on it, after 6 years, alot of great people on here, that is why this is the only board i am on :canadian:

Icefisherman, that's one of the vents you have on the Grizzly and there should be a few more slid through little plastic loops on the back of the pod around where the clear line is in your pic. You should have more near the air box and another on the right side of the tank. What year?

Believe it or not, but there are 6 vent lines on the Grizz that should be kept clear and above water, 7 if you have EPS:

-Power steering unit

-Front Differential

-Electric fan

-Radiator overflow bottle

-Gas tank

-Throttle body

-Rear differential

When I added snorkels to my 700 I extended all of these lines to the end of the snorkels to be sure nothing would suck water. She was full of water 2 times before I finally decided to add the snorkels. :wallbash:

Edit: Forgot to add that I believe in 09 they switched to rubber bellows on the EPS. Too much moisture getting into the EPS units through the vent lines.

Edited by ch312

Thanks ch312.

Learning something everyday from kind replies like yours and others above.

It is 2010 Grizzly 700 FI EPS Camo version. So I guess I do have somewhere 7 (or 6 more) of those vent lines...waooo...lot of venting ha ha.

By the way I'll be posting shortly another thread regarding tires for the same machine.... lots and lots to learn. Never had ATV before.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman