New career...driving route advice! - NF

ccmtcanada

Cliff, try this;

401 to Medowvale north, past the Zoo and then a left at the 4 way stop. I believe that is Steeles.

HH

Meadowvale does not go al the way to Steeles. There is a 4 way stop at Meadowvale and Old Finch. If you make a left there you can take Reesor Rd or Sewels Rd up to Steeles.

Edited by JohnBacon

My brother commuted from Durham into downtown Toronto every day for about 25 years.

He theory was you'll never beat the traffic jams and if you let it worry you or continually look for shortcuts you'll go bonkers.

His way was just close the car windows and put your favorite music on the radio and go with the flow.

Said he always reached his destination relaxed and in a good mood.

Always made sense to me but then again I could walk to work in 20 minutes LOL

Meadowvale does not go al the way to Steeles. There is a 4 way stop at Meadowvale and Old Finch. If you make a left there you can take Reesor Rd or Sewels Rd up to Steeles.

Doh! You are correct John...

Cliff, take Reesor Road, first right on Finch by the zoo. It will get you to Steeles.

HH

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Commute in was great taking 401 and 404. Was door to door in 45 minutes. I'm not against the 407, just wanted to investigate other routes as well. Took 407 east after work and it took 50 minutes. Love this commute compared to my old one at Yonge and Eglinton!

Congrats on the new job. I know the Lenovo campus very well as I'm also in the IT field and work with them a lot. I know you are against the 407 but the amount you save in time and even gas money by not idling in traffic will more than make up for it with a transponder.

I've already ordered my transponder :)