Quinte Nov 23-24-25 report

mike rousseau

Well this week was our second annual 3 day quinte trip.... We used to drive up for single days but after a few of those and some research I realized without a lot of help 1 day isn't enough time to ensure we find the active fish...

Day 1

Started trolling east of the ferry along the south shore... Marked some big hooks and some small bait balls... We trolled down that show for a few hours without a bite so out comes the cell phone to beg a buddy who guides for any info he was willing to share... He told us 2 patterns and areas to try... And luckily I had the exact lure and color he was doing well on (can't say wich)...

We tried the outside area and pattern he suggested with nothing but seeing one board bounce hard without a hookup.... There were a ton of fish in the area but they wouldn't rise up in the water column...

image_6.jpg

So then we went inside from the ferry to the second area... We managed 2 small pike there and that was it...

Day 2

With basically a flop on both areas we tried we went with the first area cause we knew there were lots of fish we just had to find high ones... So we headed way down adulphus reach to start working the fish we saw the day before... To our excitement the majority of the fish were 10-20 feet higher in the water... We were trolling 2.5 to cover water and find the schools... We marked 5-6 fish around 40' down so I slowed down an we connected with one of them... Didn't put it on the scale but we put here between 8-9 pounds...

image_7.jpg

image_8.jpg

We trolled another 10 minutes then did a turn and headed for our waypoint and another rod fired HARD!!!! And we had our second walleye of the trip at 10.5 pounds....

image_9.jpg

The window was over but we stayed in that area grinding it out cause we had results... We got a sheepy mid day... The weather late in the day was amazing so we ended up doing some night fishing cause as some if you know I likes me night fishing... We managed 2 fish after dark wich I thought was pretty cool... One at 3lbs and another at 6lbs... We calked it a night at like 630pm and headed in...

Day 3

Obviously after catching 4 walleye and a sheepy... And having fought on a few lure we were confident in our pattern... we headed back to the same area... We had no action until the mid day major window.... It was a tough day and we only managed a 5lb walleye and another sheepshead so we moved closer to the launch and picked up one last walleye at 10.5lbs...

image_10.jpg

We packed up shortly after that to make sure we got home early enought to see the kiddos before bed...

All in all we were happy with our adventure

Sorry there wasn't more details to this report but I swore to secrecy on the advice I was given... The only pattern I hit on my own was a sheepy on a white TDD11 on 4 colors of Leadcore and the 8-9 pounder on a naked purple reef runner on 4 colors of Leadcore... The rest were a direct result of the help I recieved from Greg Amiel... He's so good he put us on fish over the phone from his house... We bounced info off him for 3 days and he helped us piece the puzzle together... He showed up on our third day and fished the area we were catching on and he boated a bunch of fish including a 12 pounder... If your ever looking far a great guide that's always dialed in look up Greg at "fishing 4 tails"

Mike