Reel repair Barrie

SirCranksalot

My bail was getting stuck fairly often. It seemed quite random---it worked well 8-9 times out of 10. I removed the bail to see if there was a piece of dirt stuck in there and to lubricate it. When I did the spring popped somehow so I don't know how it should be configured i.e set into place. I Googled it but couldn't find a pic of how it should be seated. I know there's a Shimano service place in Peterboro but I am going to Barrie tomorrow for other reasons and was hoping to find a repair shop there.

Does anybody know of a shop, or possibly have a pic of how the spring should be located. It's a 2500 FI.

thx

The service you get some Shimano in Peterborough is just too good. I only send my reels there.

I don't know of another company with as good customer service anywhere Bill.

I live not too far from them and have been in twice this year for service on reels and both times it was done while I waited and no charge and it doesn't get any better than that.

Thx, guys, for that advice. I think I will send it to P'boro, or at least contact them by phone. It's probably quite a simple fix---just pop the spring in place if I can find out what the 'proper place' is.

In the meantime I did some surfing and found this thread which suggests that the initial problem I was having with the bail may be due to a design shortcoming rather than lack of maintenance.

http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/bassboard/rods_reels/message.html?message_id=316623

There is nanother issue raised in that link i.e. manual flipping the bail as a preference. Since this is a more general issue not confined to 'reels in Barrie' I will post another thread.