Brutal

FloatnFly

Yeah, it's sad really. I was lucky to have a river close to me to fish when in season. Now that the primary season is closed for FMZ17 you have only a few hundred feet (ok maybe 1KM but you get what I mean) of rivers to fish for them now south of the CN tracks down at the lake.

Snagging is the same as flossing isnt it?

yup (when it comes to how it was not a legit catch) but snagging means drag a big hook and set it right in the back, head, tale, belly, however. flossing is drift a bait along and when the fish is "breathing" because you line was in it's yap you set the hook is the best way to describe the two Edited by GBW

Yeah, it's sad really. I was lucky to have a river close to me to fish when in season. Now that the primary season is closed for FMZ17 you have only a few hundred feet (ok maybe 1KM but you get what I mean) of rivers to fish for them now south of the CN tracks down at the lake.

right now its highway 2 to the lake, changes to the cn tracks Jan 1st

not really, snagging well, self explanatory, flossing, well think of flossing your teeth, basically you're to run your line into the fishes mouth to make it look legal

Whats the difference?

I have "snagged" a few pike walleye and one sturgeon(right in the butt)

How does one intentionally snag fish?

Like throw on a crank in a pool of salmon and just reef on them?

Whats the difference?

I have "snagged" a few pike walleye and one sturgeon(right in the butt)

How does one intentionally snag fish?

Like throw on a crank in a pool of salmon and just reef on them?

in port hope this year, there was a family, they had a nylon rope with 3 gaffs on it and they pulling it across the river. rivers here are like 20ft wide at most, and relatively shallow, spotting huge fish in there is easy, most times they throw a weighted treble into a pool of fish and rip it across

in port hope this year, there was a family, they had a nylon rope with 3 gaffs on it and they pulling it across the river. rivers here are like 20ft wide at most, and relatively shallow, spotting huge fish in there is easy, most times they throw a weighted treble into a pool of fish and rip it across

And they don't even care if they get caught because they don't bother getting a license, don't show up in court if they do get caught, and most of the tackle they use isn't worth much if it does get seized. I reported a couple of guys a few years ago for taking OOS fish and over limit; they got nailed and they were back the very next day in the same place doing the exact same thing! We don't need more enforcement, we need tougher enforcement! Make it hurt if you do get caught, seize cars, trucks, equipment right on the spot none of this "if you come to court and you can pay us then" nonsense.

And they don't even care if they get caught because they don't bother getting a license, don't show up in court if they do get caught, and most of the tackle they use isn't worth much if it does get seized. I reported a couple of guys a few years ago for taking OOS fish and over limit; they got nailed and they were back the very next day in the same place doing the exact same thing! We don't need more enforcement, we need tougher enforcement! Make it hurt if you do get caught, seize cars, trucks, equipment right on the spot none of this "if you come to court and you can pay us then" nonsense.

Our enforcement seems way way better up this way.

If i did something like that, no doubt all my equipment, vehicle would be seized, and id be in jail

I know because I reported a sturgeon poacher and he was hit with every rule in the book.

If i did something like that, no doubt all my equipment, vehicle would be seized, and id be in jail

I know because I reported a sturgeon poacher and he was hit with every rule in the book.

Good on you AND the MNR!

I understand totally why people are pissed.

Thats not angling, at all.

Jeebus

Yeah, now you get why topic's like this get heated so quickly. More so when it's in your backyard so to say. See so much Bull fishing that's not fishing you get to a breaking point when you are truly passionate about the sport like most of us.

They do the best they can but their resources are so limited and if you think about it; on a population basis they are stretched so thin down here. Up in your neck of the woods if a guy gets caught everyone in the area knows him. Down here on any given day in crappy season there can be 50 or more boats in a small bay and there are hundreds of small bays. The odds of getting caught down here are about as good as the odds of winning the lottery and there lies the problem. Even if they do get caught and they don't show up in court, there is no one to hunt them down and make them accountable.

sorry, was at the grocery store, and missed your question.

yes, I knew it was an Atlantic.

However, in my mind, an Atlantic is no better or worse than other fish in the Great Lakes. As such, I was more upset about the needless slitting and wasting of the fish....

Whether it was an Atlantic, Brown, or Rainbow.

However, in my mind, an Atlantic is no better or worse than other fish in the Great Lakes. As such, I was more upset about the needless slitting and wasting of the fish....

Whether it was an Atlantic, Brown, or Rainbow.

same.

I think there needs to be a mandatory fish identification program when you get your license. the number of people that don't know what they are catching, is crazy. I remember an incident on another forum where a guy said he caught a bunch of brookies, had them all on a stringer in his picture, turns out they were browns with parr markings

Edited by FloatnFly

Let the coward and so and so who did this anal act come and shake my hand. I will pay for his flight but after shaking his hand he will never hold A rod again or anything else for that matter. That is something in the brotherhood of fishing u do not do period. Who ever did this is not a fisherman but a criminal some things u just don't do, but those scum bags don't get it because they simply DONT CARE, believe me I would only shake his hand once :angel:

Edited by mr blizzard

The citiot creek invasion in the GTA has been going on forever but more and more people all the time and now with social media and the Internet it's out there a lot now and it just keeps getting worse every year .... Until they change the rules and hire more enforcement it will just grow and keep getting worse !!! Port hope mayor said by next fall the rules there will be different at the ganny at least !!! I'm glad I fished all the tribs on Lake Ontario 30yrs ago from Toronto to Kingston as many years weather it was spring or fall you could walk for miles and maybe see a few anglers and most were good and it was a blast creeks were full of fish and not bear the people that are there now and yes there was snaggers and illegal things then too just not as much

The citiot creek invasion in the GTA has been going on forever but more and more people all the time and now with social media and the Internet it's out there a lot now and it just keeps getting worse every year .... Until they change the rules and hire more enforcement it will just grow and keep getting worse !!! Port hope mayor said by next fall the rules there will be different at the ganny at least !!! I'm glad I fished all the tribs on Lake Ontario 30yrs ago from Toronto to Kingston as many years weather it was spring or fall you could walk for miles and maybe see a few anglers and most were good and it was a blast creeks were full of fish and not bear the people that are there now and yes there was snaggers and illegal things then too just not as much

This ^^^^ I like to avoid places with easy access points, thats where you find the most loogans, the hard to get to places, are where you find a true fisherman. I hate the crowds, but at the same time, its very satisfying as a fly fisherman to hook into multiple fish in front of meat drifters