Ah the rapids? (fishing) and some aboriginal teachings?

manitoubass2

On a lighter note...

Not sure about skat bunk but in treaty 3 the humour is unreal! Even at the workplace its non stop jokes and everyone from chief down is fair game.

I will say IMO aboriginals have the best sense of humour

Heres another story to showcase that.

When I worked maintenance I always plowed this one elders driveway first. She was a sweet old lady and her husband had passed maybe 12-15 years ago.

Shed always invite me in for a quick cup of coffee and chat when i was done. Shed show me all her husbands fishing pictures etc because she knew I fished.

She was pretty incapable so I found myself taking out her garbage and just doing lil things to help her out.

Then one day after a coffee shes askes me to grab this garbage bag, so i do.

She tells me its full of her husbands underwear and she wanted me to try it on and if it fit i could have it???

Anyhow I quickly answered a work txt(ahem) and left.

At lunch i was at the band office with my boss and the chief and a few others. I told them the story and we are all just laughing.

My boss says" $100 right now if you go there in your undies and give her a quick show"!

Nah man Im good lol

The chief backs it up.

4 others back it up

Others get back from lunch and back it up

Anyways by 2pm im up to like 1200 bucks and im all " ah what the hell"?

Let me go have a a beer first and loosen up haha.

No prob, but you got dance for her on the lawn so we can watch???

Anyhow i head over there, lead her outside(she lives like 4 doors down from the band office)

Pull off my pants and shirt and give her a dance I hope she has forgotten.

After a few minutes she gives me a quick hug and just laughs. "Your wife is watching"

Yeah i know, shes cool lol.

She thanks me for the laugh and i head back to the band office to collect my money.

I dont even think anyone worked that afternoon?

All we did was laugh

Edited by manitoubass2

Sorry Rick, we drove out to Norfolk today to find some and all the tobacco is gone. Next year I will get some as long as I don't get any rock salt in my ass. Maybe I'll just ask. I think it is great to raise the kids immersed in their Mom's culture but make sure they know the other mosaics of your mixed DNA. I have a niece that anglicised our last name and do not like that one iota. She is Irish Italian but didn't like our Italian name I suppose. I have cousins that did the same to get a leg up in the 60's. We all love her but I can't condone that. With your Mom there she can be a positive Nona. Don't lose who you really are in the conversation. You forgot the American part.

Sorry Rick, we drove out to Norfolk today to find some and all the tobacco is gone. Next year I will get some as long as I don't get any rock salt in my ass. Maybe I'll just ask. I think it is great to raise the kids immersed in their Mom's culture but make sure they know the other mosaics of your mixed DNA. I have a niece that anglicised our last name and do not like that one iota. She is Irish Italian but didn't like our Italian name I suppose. I have cousins that did the same to get a leg up in the 60's. We all love her but I can't condone that. With your Mom there she can be a positive Nona. Don't lose who you really are in the conversation. You forgot the American part.

Bummer, ah well thanks for looking.

Ah man my kids are taught all about our culture(s) and its completely awesome.

They're so intelligent its unreal.

Its kinda weird cause its so blended and we teach the kids everything we can, but it all comes back to nature and thats what the kiddos really focus on so thats their decision.

We dont force anything on them(nona sure does hahahaha)

And ya know OI, those italian roots are very similar to aboriginal roots.

Yeah there is differences but alot of it is very very similar