Urban angling & harassment......

Gerritt

I've posted this before, but here it is again:

I always have at least two copies of this on me, in a zip-lock bag. Haven't had to hand one out yet, but if I do, and the person throws it away, I have the second copy to show to the police officer I call:

Fish & Wildlife Act 1997

Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing
13. (1) A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,
a) tampering with traps, nets, bait, firearms or any other thing used for hunting, trapping or fishing;
B) placing himself or herself in a position, for the purpose of interfering, that hinders or prevents hunting, trapping or fishing; or
c) engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.
Notice without authority
(2) A person shall not purport to give notice that entry to premises is prohibited for the purpose of hunting or fishing or that hunting or fishing is prohibited on premises unless the person has authority to give the notice. 1997, c. 41, s. 13.

I've posted this before, but here it is again:

I always have at least two copies of this on me, in a zip-lock bag. Haven't had to hand one out yet, but if I do, and the person throws it away, I have the second copy to show to the police officer I call:

What is the penalty for obstruction here? And who enforces it?

I have had many run ins with Yacht club employees/members telling me that I cant fish in " their marina "

I politely tell them that I have every right to fish there and carry on with what I am doing.

Once I had a guy ( who I have had run ins with before )screaming at me and we just acted like we didn't even see or hear him and just kept fishing. He was only ten feet away and his blood was boiling. pretty funny.

I also have no problem telling people to take a hike either. Although I have never had to do this, I am prepared.

My neighbor is the chief of the T.O. marine unit and I got confirmation from him that they cant kick you out. ( access from a boat )