Transom boat trailer tiedowns

KraTToR

My shorelander trailer has ratchet type tiedowns for the transom of the boat. They are made by Fulton.

I've noticed that they are getting a bit sticky and was wondering if I can lubricate them and if I can, whats the best thing to use.

TIA.

After trying all kinds of tie down straps, I finally bit the bullet and installed a set of stainless steel Boat Buckle retractable transom tie downs .

They are not cheap but the best tie downs I have ever used, no more fumbling and readjusting every time.

I kick myself for not Getting them earlier .

After trying all kinds of tie down straps, I finally bit the bullet and installed a set of stainless steel Boat Buckle retractable transom tie downs .

They are not cheap but the best tie downs I have ever used, no more fumbling and readjusting every time.

I kick myself for not Getting them earlier .

Boat buckles on my trailer too. Regular tiedows suck! ;)

Yup boat buckle gets my approval I have been using one form or another of them for years & years !!! Just put a new set on this summer !!! Good for another 3-5yrs !!!! They stay tight and don't fail but cause of the many miles I do every year they just wear out eventually but that's ok !!! Just like tires they are a wear item but Are well made and last along time. Cheers